Post away...

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

MONACO '82, 37years on!!! (SPOILERS!!)

Post by JamesB »

Oh well, wadarace!!!
I suppose veterans will fully understand the title... great race, fun all over. Maybe a bit "enhanced", yep probably.
And again red mist within the REDS.
I cant imagine what Italian press will write..

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: MONACO '82, 37years on!!! (SPOILERS!!)

Post by Orso »

JamesB wrote:Oh well, wadarace!!!
I suppose veterans will fully understand the title
I don't. I lost interest in F1 around 1980 :)

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Orso wrote:
JamesB wrote:Oh well, wadarace!!!
I suppose veterans will fully understand the title
I don't. I lost interest in F1 around 1980 :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
today you might have regretted!

Indy1977TX
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Penske Racing
United States of America

Post by Indy1977TX »

What is the story on Monaco 1982? I have a 4" (or so) button of the field headed into T1 from this race and wondered why that race....

Jordan

vintagethunder
Formula e
Formula e

Post by vintagethunder »

Prost was leading with a few laps to go but crashed or spun. Patrese, de Cesaris, Pironi, and Daley passed him, with Patrese in the lead. But Patrese spun in the last lap, and was passed by de Cesaris, Pironi, and Daley. Patrese was in a dangerous position and legally pushed by the marshals, to a position which happened to be downhill. He coasted, popped the clutch, and re-started. In the last half lap Daley's car failed due to damage from an earlier incident, and de Cesaris and Pironi ran out of fuel. Patrese took his first win, and by winning also scored pointes for de Cesaris, Pironi, and Daley. If he had not restarted it would have been a Lotus 1-2, but they were a lap down and finished 5th and sixth. It was quite exciting!

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

Paul Erlendson
Attachments
1982-monaco-grand-prixa.jpg

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

That was a wild race. It was nice to see Gasly on the podium and all his emotion. Felt terrible for Albon, but he took it well in speaking with the press after the race. The incident between Vettel and LeClerc was a carbon copy of the incident Vettel had with Webber - both times Vettel was making the pass, then drifted over into his teammate.

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

It is interesting to see how Hamilton has matured over the last couple of years, while Vettel has not.
In the early days, (2007-8-9) Hamilton would occasionally throw his toys out of the pram both on and off the track, but he has matured in both, yet Vettel seems to be unable to stop losing his head when it does not go his way.
Vettel & Webber 2010, Singapore 2017, Bahrain 2019, Italy 2018 spring to mind. Whenever he gets trampled underfoot, he just loses it.
(BTW: not a fan of either Hamilton or Vettel :) )

Gutted for Albon. It would have been some achievement to finish P2, but he left the door open for Hamilton and then closed it too late. Well done for Gasly though.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Nice and complete report on MOnaco '82! Fun cmment by Hunt brought by Paul, too.
I also remember thet De Angelis was ununderstandably on the podium (in person, I mean), as reported by GPI. I also remember a nice pic of Riccardo just after climbing out of the BT49D, with hands in a pose like "Whaaaat? are you joking guys???"

About this year's Brazil, hmmm the fact that Hamilton admitted his taing Albon out, and Vettel did not admit his blame (50/50 I'd say BTW), does not mean one matured and the other not. Ham probably has... er half matured. He still has coming-togethers too.

Case Ferrari, it seems we have gotten used to put the blame on Vet. Lec might also have not squeezed him so much. when they collide, the car is 90% passed, he ight have leaned a bit to the left, I suppose.
On the other hand, the Ferraris have bad luck. Other cars bump like 70's NASCARS and they get going. These just rub a bit and explode as in a Chuck Norris movie... :shock: :lol:

Daryl_Huhtala
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Daryl Huhtala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gurney Stewart Andretti Clark Hill McLaren Hulme Villeneuve Fittipaldi
United States of America

Post by Daryl_Huhtala »

I remember watching that race (yeah, I'm old). It still is the craziest finish that I've ever seen.
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS