Tyrrell 008 book

Post away...

Topic author
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Tyrrell 008 book

Post by jmpsebring »

:shock: Grab this publication if you want to see a master design a 1/12th race car. NOMOKEN extra edition.
More than 100 full color, high quality pages. Many great ideas and perfectly photographed. Sometimes I prefer unpainted step-by-step photos, because you see the breakdown of materials used. One of the best I've seen and at a reasonable price. There's a 13 extra pages about his upgrade of the 003 and P34 kits as well. Only Japanese......but awesome nonetheless.

cevert
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Tyrrell 008 book

Post by cevert »

I also have this book. The book is very nice and rare to me. I bought it at HLJ. I recommend to all builders.
Right now I'm building my model 008. 3D construction I replaced plastic molding and vacuform. I write about it in the scratchbuilding section. I can provide some design elements to future builders as well as reference pictures. They are, of course, amateur modeler products, not company commercial.
"cevert"

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi All,

Further to JMPSebring's comments, I can thoroughly recommend this Nomoken book. If ever I find my interest for modelling faded, looking at this book helps to restore my enthusiasm.

While the text is in Japanese, the accompanying pictures tell the builder's story adequately.

The only real downside I noticed was some of the pictures are too small for my eyes. Once I slipped on the Opti Visor for a magnified view, all is fine.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz.

Topic author
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

cevert wrote:I also have this book. The book is very nice and rare to me. I bought it at HLJ. I recommend to all builders.
Right now I'm building my model 008. 3D construction I replaced plastic molding and vacuform. I write about it in the scratchbuilding section. I can provide some design elements to future builders as well as reference pictures. They are, of course, amateur modeler products, not company commercial.
"cevert"
A little bummed that he simply printed the upper cowling :lol: $2500 printer plus the software and knowledge to do so. I was following your build. Any chance you will vaccuform your original cowling and engine cover? ....and possibly make a few more? :lol:

MFH could easily make this considering they made most of the Tyrrells all ready.