Re-release of the Jägermeister Porsche in 1/12?

Post away...

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: Re-release of the Jägermeister Porsche in 1/12?

Post by indygp2001 »

Would you all like to know why Hobby shops are closing down everywhere? (other than the fact that Kids and adults alike only want to spend their free-time playing Video games)...
So I go into my favorite shop to find this kit (the last time it was re-issued), and I almost fall over - as they are asking a whopping $320 for it! The shop owner is a nice guy, but complains that "the Internet is ruining his business"...well gee Mike, you can buy the same re-issued kit, or perhaps the original, sans photo-etch parts, for much less (incl. shipping). He then explains that he has to pay rent, overhead expenses, labor (if you call working in a hobby shop labor - I know, I worked -- cough, cough / played in one for a few years...)
The only person these days making a huge sacrifice to stay open in this business is the owner - and quite frankly, they pretty much live in poverty. I do applaud these people, as they sacrifice so much, and by doing so make a few of us die-hard modelers, RC guys, train purps, etc., happy. But Wow!, that is quite the price to pay for making others happy.
For this reason (using empathy, that is) I try very hard to support my local shops - as I know I'm paying more for their stuff, and I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but I feel I need to pay the hobby back in this way, as it has made my life very enjoyable!
Thanx Mike, Lou D., and Bob...I don't know how you do it...
Querque

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by indygp2001 »

UNBELIEVABLE!.....I just went to see when the Tamiya RC race would be...and I find some very heart wrenching news from Mike at Galaxy Hobby, in Edmunds, Washington.....
https://galaxyhobbywa.com/
GULP!....

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

bestbalsakits wrote:can't think of anything extra to be included. Maybe they'll leave out some ;-)
Just placed an order.
They might have left out the treaded tires and replaced them with slicks.
Matti

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Pondering whether or not to get the reissue. As for additional content. One of my sources tells me they include Cartograph decals. Not sure if they were included originally.
Cheers,
Roman

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

As to the Local Hobby Shop thing, the problem is they cannot compete with the internet here in US, the kit is almost close to old price of $140 plus shipping on Hlj.com

The kit I’m sure did not come with Cartograf the first time, most of Tamiyas re-issues come with Cartograf

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

yes, cartograf decals, but shell & dunlop logos are missing.
And also: slick tires in stead of threaded ones.
And as far as i know 1 more difference: new issue only has 1 seat included, previous issues always had 2.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

Roncla
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by Roncla »

Tabu Design will be doing a decal sheet with the missing Shell and Dunlop logos.
https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info. ... s_id=53377

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

oh, but i have these already available for those who can't wait ;-)

https://www.bestbalsakits.com/tamiya/ta ... umber=4295

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

I purchased this re-issue for $185 CDN and free shipping from a Great Hobbies sale.

Nice catch on the missing seat, Wim. I didn't notice that at first, as there are still 2 seat mounting bases. Odd that Tamiya doesn't provide a little more info on the changes.

Would the Jagermeister car(s) have been raced with only the one seat?

I notice a lot of their current releases (including this one) have no sidewall detail on the tires at all, no doubt for licensing reasons. But why the switch to slicks? Would slicks have been raced on this car with the Jagermeister livery? If so, would they have been Dunlops? Just wondering Re: the missing decals, and what would be appropriate.

Perhaps the 2008 release would be a better score, if not for the greed on eBay.

Irregardless, at the end of the day, it's great that Tamiya continues to re-issue these big cars. Stiil, the sales just must not be there for them to go to all the trouble of designing an RB6 and SF70H kit, and not releasing it in 1/12th with a little extra detailing, yet they put out the pricey 1/12 Porsche Carrera GT that I can't imagine sold in great numbers. :?: :?:

.... and on the "Dream On" list, if only Scale Motorsports would reissue their Super Detail Set for the Porsches. :mrgreen:

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Grypham wrote:I purchased this re-issue for $185 CDN and free shipping from a Great Hobbies sale.

Nice catch on the missing seat, Wim. I didn't notice that at first, as there are still 2 seat mounting bases. Odd that Tamiya doesn't provide a little more info on the changes.

Would the Jagermeister car(s) have been raced with only the one seat?

I notice a lot of their current releases (including this one) have no sidewall detail on the tires at all, no doubt for licensing reasons. But why the switch to slicks? Would slicks have been raced on this car with the Jagermeister livery? If so, would they have been Dunlops? Just wondering Re: the missing decals, and what would be appropriate.

Perhaps the 2008 release would be a better score, if not for the greed on eBay.

Irregardless, at the end of the day, it's great that Tamiya continues to re-issue these big cars. Stiil, the sales just must not be there for them to go to all the trouble of designing an RB6 and SF70H kit, and not releasing it in 1/12th with a little extra detailing, yet they put out the pricey 1/12 Porsche Carrera GT that I can't imagine sold in great numbers. :?: :?:

.... and on the "Dream On" list, if only Scale Motorsports would reissue their Super Detail Set for the Porsches[color]
. :mrgreen:

Not likely! I've had several conversations with Matthew about this and the retail cost would be well over a grand. Probably not a lot of people out there willing to drop that kind of cash. That is why I bought multiples when it was available.