Warning for Beemax Lancia S4

Post away...

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Warning for Beemax Lancia S4

Post by bossy122 »

This kit is one warning after the other. I was able to overcome all but this last one. I would SWEAR I used the extra "cab" piece that Beemax gave us 2 of. Whichever the hell one I used, the windscreen comes no where near fitting. My recommendation to all who have this kit is to dry fit the windscreen to both cabs, take the one that it doesn't fit to and immediatley toss it in the trash. WHY they included 2 pieces......i'm not interested in discussing. I am SO disappointed. I really wanted to like this kit and I really do not.
Other problems: you must soak decals in damn near hot water for a minute. If not, they will stretch when coming off the paper. And even once in place, if you try brushing the excess water away, the decal will distort.
The placement for the footwell carbons is all wrong.
I found that I needed to make all guide holes bigger.
I am fairly certain the instructions for the front end with the radiator, etc, is incorrect. None of those pieces fit well at all.
I sliced my finger on the very thick PE parts while trying to fold it over a block. You need a specific tool to fold these.
Getting the front bonnet onto its little hinge was quite difficult and once it was on, it didn't fit the car properly.
Good luck.
Attachments
20190622_000118_resized.jpg
Never experienced decals stretching before
Never experienced decals stretching before
20190621_184630_resized.jpg
20190621_184559_resized.jpg
20190621_184550_resized.jpg
Last edited by bossy122 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: Warning for Beemax Lancia S4

Post by AJP01 »

Wow. Just wow.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

AJP01 wrote:Wow. Just wow.
I thought exactly the same! :shock:

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Sith happens :roll: .

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Er.... so, let's see: not only did they reinforce the roof (or that's what was supposed to) but they put windscreen with a higher angle (maybe they got it wrong at first try?) as happend with new versions of Sprt Quattro.
Or maybe the roof is now a bit lower at the front? maybe both.
Ahem, then what I fear is that windows will also have a hard time to fit the door... :roll: have yu tried?
Thanks for the report!

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

Is that first picture showing the front cowling fit the actual fit? With that huge gap there? If so you've got something wrong. I've seen pictures of the built up kit on other forums and there wasn't any gap like that..
Steve Noble

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

SteveNoble wrote:Is that first picture showing the front cowling fit the actual fit? With that huge gap there? If so you've got something wrong. I've seen pictures of the built up kit on other forums and there wasn't any gap like that..

I went back and took that hinge piece off figuring i'd just mount the "hood" on and the 2 guide holes at the dash area were off enough that that wasnt really a solution either. I put the 2 cabs side by side and the one not used is just that bit longer at the dash, which would make the hood fit. The side glass fits perfectly on both cabs.
Attachments
Try this at home. You don't even really need to put them side to side to see there is a difference. I'll take responsibility for not having test fitted before hand ( I rarely do) but Beemax's Quality Control should never allowed that defective piece into the box, in my opinion.
Try this at home. You don't even really need to put them side to side to see there is a difference. I'll take responsibility for not having test fitted before hand ( I rarely do) but Beemax's Quality Control should never allowed that defective piece into the box, in my opinion.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

I also got two body parts in the box. One of them was all squashed and not usable. The other was fine. I've just test fitted the front and middle parts together and the fit on my example seems very good.

Steve Noble

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

Just measured the windscreen on mine and it fits perfectly on both middle body sections, even the squashed on, which was only squashed at the back by the way. Looking at both the supplied middle body sections I can't actually see any noticable difference between the two. I've also seen a few of these built up, as I said, on other forums and nobody mentioned any fit problems. Also most people praised the decals, saying they went on perfectly..
Steve Noble

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Remember, the hood is mounted to the front of the chassis, not the cab.
Attachments
20190622_115153_resized.jpg
20190622_115128_resized.jpg