Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

What Have I done? My First MFH Kit!

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hi All,
335S.jpg
DSC_0192-2_02ss-150x150.jpg
DSC_0192-2_02ss-150x150.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Still dealing with some health issues, but I'm bound and determined to get this built. It's my first MFH kit ever, and I was going to put it under the "What's Your Most Recent Model' thread, but it's here because I'm hoping for lots of suggestions from the MFH gurus here. My favorite scale is 1/43, and I'm looking at this as just a giant 1/43. I'm no stranger to PE but the grill looks a little daunting. Thanks to UpScale Hobbies for helping with the acquisition and for dealing with some confusion with MFH. This is my 3rd order from UpScale Hobbies (although by far the most substantial) and the customer service is outstanding.

(BTW it's 1/24)

So, please help me out - fire away!

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: What Have I done? My First MFH Kit!

Post by F1tommy »

Wich car did you order? The Hiro Mille Miglia winner chassis #0684 body is not that good. The Hiro chassis #0674 is a lot better. I do think the printed wheels are interesting but not as good as hand laced wires. Accurate models of these cars are hard to find. I did not like the 1/43rd AMR or BBR kits as they have a lot of shape issues. If you ordered the early body Hiro chassis #0674 you should be pretty happy. I still think the FPPM by Fernando Pinto 1/24th body of the 1957 Mille Miglia winner chassis #0684 is the best ever made in any scale.

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

F1tommy wrote:Wich car did you order? The Hiro Mille Miglia winner chassis #0684 body is not that good. The Hiro chassis #0674 is a lot better. I do think the printed wheels are interesting but not as good as hand laced wires. Accurate models of these cars are hard to find. I did not like the 1/43rd AMR or BBR kits as they have a lot of shape issues. If you ordered the early body Hiro chassis #0674 you should be pretty happy. I still think the FPPM by Fernando Pinto 1/24th body of the 1957 Mille Miglia winner chassis #0684 is the best ever made in any scale.
It's the #6 1957 Le Mans 335S (K692) piloted by Peter Collins & Phil Hill, chassis #0700.
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

#684 and #700 had almost identical bodies. The Hiro although it has nice chassis detail, the body is not 100% correct. If your not terribly fussy you might still be happy as the kit has a lot of other things going for it.