Heads up - excellent Porsche 956 book at cheap price

Post away...

ChoroQ
Spectator
Spectator

Re: Heads up - excellent Porsche 956 book at cheap price

Post by ChoroQ »

As many of you told, the English/bilingual edition usually come more expensive than a DE (because usually for Porsche DE is primary language) one.
Just to clarify something, the 956 "Le Mans" edition is a lil better than the DE one (I speak about paper quality) and was printed is less units. They produces even a 917 "Le Mans" edition, same format and type, if not extremely rare (there is a bookstore in France that still should have a copy or two) it's surely extremely expensive.
Speaking about the 934/5/6, it's a total pity we don't have an english version for those. They were released ages ago.. but despite the BIG demand for a translation, I was informed that fees and royalties are the so called BIG MONEY that no publisher wants to spend on, especially for a "less known" cars like those. The "less known" cars went from a very famous publish house I cannot mention, but I understand they reason: some authors (one in particular) ask very high royalties for their works, even if translated. If a company does not sell tons of translated book, it's a loss. So we non german speaker are obliged to understand just the images.. or use google translator. Or learn German, of course.

At last, the 917 archives and works catalogue came in two version: the first one was a limited, numbered and signed edition only in german. Cover was blue. The red and slightly update was unlimited and translated in english too. It worth every penny.

If you need some book advice, please feel free to ask me: I have around 800 car books, so maybe I know something you need - or maybe I learnt something I never knew!