Hobby shops or Motorsports Museums in Brussels???

Post away...

Topic author
flatspot
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Craig
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Hobby shops or Motorsports Museums in Brussels???

Post by flatspot »

Traveling to Brussels at the end of the month. Wondering if any good model shops or museums in the area. Seems to be a museum near Spa but not sure how far away.

Thanks,
Craig

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Hobby shops or Motorsports Museums in Brussels???

Post by eyckles »

Hi Craig,

There used to be a modelshop in Brussel, but is closed a few years ago. There is still one in Liège(Luik) called Hobby 2000. It’s a pretty big store and you can find a gem sometimes. There is a small on at Spa, but it’s just a few boxes and some team wear. If you are in Brussel, then you have to go to Autoworld. It’s a nice museum with older F1 cars on display. There is also a museum in Stavelot(close to Spa) and is worth visiting too.
Best regards,
Lesley

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Yes Hobby 2000 in Liege is a nice shop, much plastic kits, bought at him a couple of times cause it is not far away from my hometown, worth a trip to go there. I don`t know if the other shop in the shopping hall exist in Liege, he carried a bunch of 1:43 models and kits too, don`t remember his name unfotunately, it is somewhere in the middle of the city i only knew. Days before there was Francorchamps mini models too located in Liege, he was a bid out of the center of the city, but unfortunately he closed a few years a go.
Stavelot and Francorchamps is allways worth a trip if you have never been there, Eau Rouge is unbelievebable if you only know it from TV, looks like a wall when you see it in real! It`s been a few years ago since i was there the last time, but not far away from the track there was a model shop as well, unfortunately he had high prices, but a lot of sold out items as well.
Another possible stop you can do is moving to Wim, Bestbalsakits, Supernice sortiment and much sold out items.
Take a stand!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

It's farer away from Brussel but HUGE...

http://www.dominomodel.be/

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Topic author
flatspot
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Craig
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by flatspot »

Thanks all for the responses and ideas. Looking forward to the trip and will try to get around as much as I can when not working.

Best,
Craig