What is your latest model purchase

Post away...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Even though I find myself once again standing in the unemployment line I managed to buy a starter set of this. I think that this is one of the best laid out work stations that I've seen / found so far.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5CE84718
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Reutemann
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Karel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Alonso
Czech Republic

Post by Reutemann »

MFH model of Alonso #29 McLaren Honda Indycar from 2017!!!
I have never been of Indycars models fan, but this is "must have". Bought from eBay.
Definitely, rankk #1 on my "to do 2019" list...
Searching for papaya orange now... :)
Attachments

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

It’s been a while since i posted something here in this topic. I went to Domino last weekend and came home with 8 kits:

Fujimi:
BMW M3 E30 street
BMW M5
BMW 325i
BMW M635 CSI street
Porsche 356 coupé(not from Domino)

Beemax:
Lancia Delta S4 + upgrade
BMW M3 DTM + upgrade

Italeri:
Fiat 131 rally

Those Fujimi kits are pretty cheap. Some of them are cheaper then Revell kits. I don’t buy much online anymore. Modt of the times shipping makes it more expensive than buying local.
Best regards,
Lesley

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

Reutemann wrote:MFH model of Alonso #29 McLaren Honda Indycar from 2017!!!
I have never been of Indycars models fan, but this is "must have".
A friend of mine, Scott Harvieux (he's also an ebay seller: https://www.ebay.com/str/scottharv1newusedmodelsandmore) got one of those right away when it was released, and built it in just 16 days! Looked great. Another friend recently got that kit for himself, so I got to see the parts. It's amazing to see how much larger IndyCars are when that model is displayed next to an F1 model in the same scale. :shock:

Cameron

flashman
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
United States of America

Post by flashman »

Recently received MFH's 1/24 scale Sunoco Porsche 917/30 that was one of their limited reissued kits from last month. Ordered it thru Mac's Modeling, so big thanks to Mac!

My story on this:
For over 40 years, my "Holy Grail top 3" car models have been the Sunoco Porsche 917/30, Tyrrell 006/2, and the Ferrari 312PB Le Mans long tail (all 1973 race cars). Didn't matter what kit maker as long as it was at least 1/24th scale or larger, and reasonably accurate looking. In the early '90's I bought Umi Modelwerk's 1/24 resin Sunoco 917/30 as soon as it was released, but resin casting models was still in it's early days, and it was very rough and not very accurate. It's still sitting in my stash. I missed buying the much improved version of that Umi 917/30 kit that was issued some years later by Fisher Models.

A couple years ago I came into a bit of extra money, and placed an order directly with MFH for this 1/24 Sunoco 917/30 and the 1/20 Tyrrell 006 kits because the MFH site's kit list said "In stock" for them. But the next day I received an email from Kyoko Hiro apologizing that those kits were actually no longer available, and refunding my money. :cry:

A couple months ago I received my December bonus pay from my job, and while browsing on eBay, discovered a 1/24 1973 Le Mans Ferrari 312PB resin kit that was produced about 20 years ago by LMG (LMP). I placed a $150 maximum bid, and was just beaten out by a couple dollars. Amazingly, a week later the same 312PB kit was listed again on eBay. This time I tried to enter a higher $200 maximum bid at the last few seconds, but messed up and didn't get the bid entered in time, and the winning bid was less than the max amount I was trying to bid. :x :cry:

Less than a week later, I received an email newsletter from Mac's Modeling, announcing that in January 2019 MFH was reissuing a number of out of production kits including the 1/24 full detail Sunoco 917/30, for only a bit more than I was prepared to bid for that curbside 312PB kit! I immediately placed a pre-order with Mac, and received it a couple weeks ago. :D :mrgreen: :D 8) I wouldn't have been able to afford this far better kit if I had won either of those eBay auctions!

Whenever Ebbro finally releases their announced Tyrrell 006 kit, I will have two of my Top 3 Holy Grail models. Sooner or later, I hope to get a 312PB/LM model from somewhere, to complete my Top 3.

And before you ask, unless I win the lottery or something, there is NO WAY I could justify/afford MFH's recent 1/12th scale 312PB/LM or 917/30 kits. Which is probably a good thing since my building skills are going to be taxed to the full whenever I get up the courage to try to build this 1/24 917/30 I just got! :wink:

Cameron
Last edited by flashman on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

Not exactly a purchase, but I pre-ordered the Tamiya Toyota TS050. Should be released at some point in April.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

The 2018 Ferrari SF71H Australian version from DTM 1/20
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Last weekends modelshow haul ;)

Marui Detomaso Pantera GTS
Fujimi Porsche 911 Turbo 1976
Revell BMW 507 Cabrio
Belkits Peugeot 207 S2000

And some DSPIAE goodies
Best regards,
Lesley

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Reutemann wrote:MFH model of Alonso #29 McLaren Honda Indycar from 2017!!!
I have never been of Indycars models fan, but this is "must have". Bought from eBay.
Definitely, rankk #1 on my "to do 2019" list...
Searching for papaya orange now... :)
Tamiya TS56 Brilliant Orange is a perfect match.

The real car had a slight pearlesence to it, but it was incredibly fine - so fine that I had to be within 5 feet of the car to notice it, so with that in mind a non-pearl finish would be fine. But as for the hue and brightness, TS56 is spot on. This kit is special to me as I did the decal artwork for it - and the Sato car - for MFH :)

Romad601
F3
F3
Your Name: Mike Morrison
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Derek Bell
United States of America

Post by Romad601 »

MFH 1/20 Ferrari 312, with the help of Mac of Macsmodeling. Mac is a great guy, never thought I'd find this kit at a decent price, but thanks to Mac it's in my stash. This was my first time doing business with him, but it definitely won't be the last!