What is your latest model purchase

Post away...

David-Ithaca-NY
F3
F3

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by David-Ithaca-NY »

Wanted to do a curbside and try to up my paint finish and decal game. I have always been a Leyton House fan, inspired by Ziggy's Desk
https://youtu.be/q7XR-juEPFE
Attachments
1.jpg

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

jmpsebring wrote:looks like a very nice kit...never heard of them truthfully. 1/12 Brach Models, Garelli 125cc bike.
Wow one of those that keep me salivating and drooling, but which I decided I cannot afford. It's a hard life! :lol:
Gonna make it OOB or will you try the more glorious red Nieto version? :wink:

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

Bought myself this mini-lathe.
tool-lathe.jpg
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Alpha Model Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
Best regards,
Lesley

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

JamesB wrote:
jmpsebring wrote:looks like a very nice kit...never heard of them truthfully. 1/12 Brach Models, Garelli 125cc bike.
Wow one of those that keep me salivating and drooling, but which I decided I cannot afford. It's a hard life! :lol:

We will see when it gets here. almost every part has resin nut/bolts,etc holding things in place. I will sand the tub smooth, use thin aluminum from a one-use disposable oven pan to wall paper the surface. Depending on the casting quality, I might use my Tuner T2M hardware or RB motion hardware because it's time to use that stuff! I didn't know about this winning design until I saw these pics. When I saw the red 1984 version, I succumbed to it's style. Making the chassis tub real aluminum will make all the difference. It's a pretty simple and small bike. Hoping that translates to a amazing project that won't take forever.
Attachments
garelli-125-angel-nieto (1).jpg

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

jmpsebring wrote: I didn't know about this winning design until I saw these pics. When I saw the red 1984 version, I succumbed to it's style.
Yes, it's a MUST 8)
Nieto is a 12+1 times champion. Surely the White Italian Federation Garellis (and later the Aprilias) are a nice thing, but Nieto's red version is "DA THING" :D
I will try to pass you as many pics as possible. Believe me they are rare!! :wink:
Hmmm.... I pass you pics, you pass me some measures to help unstall
my scratch project 8) quid pro quo!! :lol:

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Just bought this on the bay, was already started so I got it relatively cheap...these are expensive these days. I really wanted to build a classic dragster, and 1/16 scale is nice to work with. Spent a few hours on injector pin repair on the chassis....it is a mess... :)

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

eyckles wrote:Alpha Model Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
How is the under tray plate fitness? Have you tried it with the main bodywork?

I bought 2 Alpha Model kits, Ferrari 488 GTB and 812 Superfast. Both of their under tray plates shrink terribly to the point that leaving about 2mm gaps all around. Also, the screw holes totally missed their positions to the holes on the main body works.

All the rest parts are good..... only the under tray plates are way off target..... and full of bubbles.... I mean full of bubbles like you open a fresh bottle of cold soda water... lol

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

So apparently when I said "this is going to be the last no car thing for now" regarding a 1/32 Roden Fokker DR.1 on May 9th, I was not entirely on the money as this happened:
_IMG_2217.jpg
So yea, at least the big thing is a car, the reissued 1/12 Tamiya "Vaillant" 934. Now if they would do the 935 again please.
Anyway, on top of that ginormous box is ... another WW1 plane. The predecessor (prototype sort of) of the DR.1, the 1/32 Roden Fokker F.1, plus some masking tape (for ribtapes and such), some PE for the 1/32 WNW Sopwith Camel in my stash and a few books from the UK on the old birds.
I'm still eyeballing another book "von Richthofen's Flying Circus - colours and markings of Jagdgeschwader Nr.1" - as I kind of liked the idea of having a bunch of bonbon colour birds on my shelves. So yea, that's the plan, model the flying circus with maybe a sideshow of the Red Baron birds.
I'll shut up now. Anyone have a 1/12 CSL they want to part with for decent money, holler.
Cheers,
Roman