Ordering Kits Direct From Model Factory Hiro

Post away...

Topic author
ringleheim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Ordering Kits Direct From Model Factory Hiro

Post by ringleheim »

Has anyone done it? How long does it take?

Where do MFH modelers typically buy their kits?

Thanks!
Jim

fooesboy
F2
F2

Re: Ordering Kits Direct From Model Factory Hiro

Post by fooesboy »

I always purchase my MFH kits direct, just email Kyoko@modelfactoryhiro.com
Shipping is fast, kits are well packed and Kyoko is a pleasure to deal with.

Reminds me that I need to send an order for the C9....

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Hi

Just remember that the package will be subject to customs handling and 'fees' which MFH can't do anything about. The 'trick' with stating a low value and 'gift' won't trick any customs people these days. ;-) The package is big so won't slip through. But Kyokos service is excellent!

Flemming

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

I second Flemming on the customs thing.
The first few kits I bought through a shop with a discount. What they do is you pay MFH asking price *0,9 (10% discount) *1,19 (our 19% tax).
Shipping is on the house. That was a nice arrangement as you don't have to do anything other than order and pay and wait for the delivery.

Some time later I orderd through a friend who is a big time MFH customer. So he got a good discount. I paid, he ordered using my shipping
address... and I had to deal with customs. And the discount was immediately gone. Actually it would have been easier to buy through the
shop I originally bought. Apparently there is even a difference if you order from someone (ebay or whatnot) or from the actual manufacturer
which was my case. So yea, lesson learned for me. Direct ordering here doesn't make sense unless you are also a business or get super duper
discount figures from MFH. In my case it was a 1/12 P4... so the big Ferrari logo on the box didn't help with the value thing. I think the
declaration was for something ridiculously low (say a missing zero). So we argued about "review sample" and all that.. but in the end, they
googled it, found the price, did the exchange rate math and then it was like import tax and something else.. so ya, for me not an option
anymore.
Cheers,
Roman

ah100m
F2
F2
Your Name: William Schmidt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Rob Walker Racing
United States of America

Post by ah100m »

Where do you live? I ordered directly from MFH, it arrived at my house delivered by a nice man in a uniform, with no additional money due. I'm in the US (Florida). YMMV

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by indygp2001 »

Hey this is one time that citizens of the USA get a super deal....Because of our close relationship,
and the way the Tax Laws have been set up - there is no tax / duty on toys and models shipped from Japan to the USA. So if you live anywhere in the USA, you will get the best prices on MFH kits in the end. 'Hope this helps, Querque

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Lucky yous in the US. Around here in the old world (Europe) :P taxes get into the way of lots of the fun things, which is why ordering from
overseas for us is really not that much of an option - if you are a private person - unless the actual value is rather low. But now with DHL
handling customs as well, centrally mostly at the big cargo airports you'd be so lucky to go through without a hitch.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
ringleheim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ringleheim »

ah100m wrote:Where do you live? I ordered directly from MFH, it arrived at my house delivered by a nice man in a uniform, with no additional money due. I'm in the US (Florida). YMMV
I'm also in Florida. I've never had any sort of duties issues when ordering internationally in the past.

I was basically wondering if folks order directly from the MFH website, or if they have a preferred Ebay retailer, or if there is some other online entity I am not familiar with.

If a kit I am interested in is still being offered through the MFH website, I think I will order from there.

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

ringleheim wrote:If a kit I am interested in is still being offered through the MFH website, I think I will order from there.
very very often not up to date.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...