MIDWAY! Wooow...

Post away...

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

MIDWAY! Wooow...

Post by JamesB »

Well guys I guess a spaniard like me cannot beat you all US guys in interest and feelings on something like Midway Battle, but honestly as a true WW2 nut (WW2 fan would sound strange, right?? and nut, hmm I don't know, please correct me if inadequate) Midway is one of the most touching moments for me.
Although I am (as model builder) more interested about machinery incolved, I always wanted a good movie to be done about Midway. And yes I thought someone like Bay, Bruckheimer and or Emmerich should be involved.
Wel, there it is, and in Vet's day.
I now lots of people will enjoy it. Visually really looks promising.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6924650/?p ... _cap_pri_2

And yes, this time they did not use 60's carriers takes, it seems... :D

Now please one about the Bismarck!!!!

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: MIDWAY! Wooow...

Post by indygp2001 »

James, you can also feel pride in history of this movie! - as all Freedom Loving People should...
This looks to be a very good film (hopefully based on facts)...and I myself love "the History" of this time.
If you haven't already indulged yourself with some of the Tamiya 1/32 scale aircraft - make sure that you do.
I have the Mustangs, Corsairs, Spitfires, and Zeros...I cant wait until they do the German planes - such as the BF109s, and Stukas, etc....
Anyway, from what I read above - you probably already have these 1/32 Gems yourself!
Take care, Querque

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

My scale modeling home base is Large Scale Planes, lots of people on their that can't get passed the accuracy obsession. I saw the preview and thought this movie could be great entertainment. I consider that valid personally, some expect a documentary or historical reenactment. I am looking foreword to this movie myself. It has been a long time since there has been more than one must see movie in a year but the second part of "IT" is out this week, Cobra vs Ferrari is coming, Midway is coming, and the suspense movie The Gold Finch sounds good. To me this is a great fall for movies.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes, 1/32 planes are tantalising, but I'll stay away from that: too much for me. But I do lie 1/72 planes, and specially the Carriers. Y-class are beautiful and I love the japanese ones. Aagi is a gem. It'll be nice to see them well depicted on the movie, even if they are CGI...

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

As a Navy vet, I find the story of Midway endlessly fascinating. Getting the Imperial forces to tip their hand with a simple message has to be one of the greatest victories/blunders in warfare history. But my immediate reaction to the previews is: Midway was not Star Wars. Way too many planes in the action. I get that everyone loves the eye candy but in this case, I think a little more realism is needed.