F1 Ferrari 156/85 Kit?

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

F1 Ferrari 156/85 Kit?

Post by dr_gn »

All,

Back in 1985 I built (fairly badly) a white metal 1:43 Ferrari 156/85. I'd like to try again, so what is the best 1:43 kit of this car currently available please?

Thanks

cesar418
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: F1 Ferrari 156/85 Kit?

Post by cesar418 »

Tameo will be your best option, they came out with a brand new kit a couple of years ago. TMK428

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

The best by a far would be the Bosica 156/85.

Matti
Matti

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes Bosica is great, specially in terms of detail and accessories. Like a down sized 1/12 (good) model. Nevertheless some details such as suspension attaching points are a bit oversized, and might not be the best in terms of bodywork proportions. There's something starnge at the front, maybe the cockpit/nose ratio, a bit over the top.
It's a pricey kit, hey!
:wink:
Anyway it seems a car not fairly treated by modeling. I just saw the IXO version: oucH! say away. Maybe that new Tameo is worth a watch.

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by dr_gn »

Thanks guys - I've had a look online for both models:

The Tameo one looks great, so I might go for that.

The Bosica version is obviously a more complete kit, but as JamesB says, it appears to be flawed at the front end. The suspension mounts are way too big, and the arms too thin. The cockpit opening also looks too wide. I'm wondering what other inaccuracies abound that aren't so obvious? For a kit of that price, I'd expect much better to be honest.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

You have to consider this is an old kit. At the time it was amazing as were the other Bosica kits. They are long oop. The price comes from them being rare colllectibles. They seldom get built...

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by dr_gn »

Thanks very much for the information all.

TMK428 it is then.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yep, as JK says they become a collector´s item. Which is good in a way as the original product, with all its charm, remains. But also bad as I think kits are meant to be built, and I have the theory that unbuilt kits cry silently inside their boxes :cry: :lol:
I think the better is to take the best of everything. I have mixed feelings: Bosica's work was soooo outstanding, but even being a classic is not an excuse for an inaccurate body (the suspension issue is the result of wanting to be "technically overaccurate" when using working features that cannot physically be made so small, but is easy to fix by modeler), as good pics were available to make shapes reasonably well.
As a balance, I am impressed anyway so biggets kudos for Bosica.
So, as I hinted maybe the ideal thing is getting the mechanics from a Bosica and picking the body of another one, maybe making a resin copy and working on it...

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by dr_gn »

Agree completely James. I only have a couple of kits I won’t build, purely because of sentimental reasons.

I think starting a 1:43 fully detailed kit would be silly, since I’ve vowed to get on with my 3 Tamiya 1:12 kits, and many other kits of planes and ships. The cost, and modifications required is confirmation it would be unreasonable.

I think the Tameo version would be a pretty quick OOB build.

Cheers!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

dr_gn wrote:... I’ve vowed to get on with my 3 Tamiya 1:12 kits, and many other kits of planes and ships. ..
Oh lord another one with the same insanity!!! :shock: :o :lol: :lol: