Ferrari 857S – Renissance (1/43)

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Re: Ferrari 857S – Renissance (1/43)

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

Fantastic!

also, thanks for introducing me to DSPIAE.

vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Beautiful. I love your paint layering. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

looks great, good job :D
Mike

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:Fantastic!

also, thanks for introducing me to DSPIAE.
A pleasure!! :wink:

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

vanhookvintage wrote:Beautiful. I love your paint layering. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
Thanks Greg, it was a great process!!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Formulamike wrote:looks great, good job :D
Mike
The car is not yet clearcoated because the number decals were in bad status and i had to order another number decals. In the meantime, i 'm doing the cockpit.
Thanks for commenting, Mike!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Hola a todos. Pocos avances he dado con este coche debido a un problema con las calcas, y solo he podido poner la pequeñas, quedando la carrocería en este estado:

Hello everyone. I have made little progress with this car due to a problem with the decals, I have only been able to put the small ones, leaving the body in this state:

Pero demos unos pasos atrás para ver lo que pasó. De primeras, le pasé una lija muy fina con agua y con jabón para eliminar las marcas de pintura de las máscaras. Todo fue bien hasta que vi que me había pasado en la aleta izquierda trasera, al lado del numeral blanco. Por tanto, hice otra máscara redonda y enmascaré la parte delantera del coche:

But let’s take a few steps back to see what happened. At first, I passed a very fine sandpaper with water and soap to remove paint marks from the masks. Everything went well until I saw that I had passed me on the left rear fin, next to the white numeral. So I made another round mask and masked the front of the car:

Le apliqué oar vez el mismo rojo de Gravity, quedando perfecto!!

I applied the same Gravity red once, making it perfect !!

Era entonces el momento de poner las calcas. Recorté los “7” negros pero….empezaron a romperse dentro del agua!!

It was then time to put the decals on. I cut the black “7” but …. they started to break in the water !!

Por tanto, pedí unas nuevas calcas a Spotmodel, y mientras tanto, pegué los escudos Ferrari de unas hojas que tenía de escudos de todas las medidas. Y así es como quedó:

Therefore, I ordered new decals to Spotmodel, and meanwhile, I glued the Ferrari shields to some sheets that had shields of all sizes. And this is how it turned out:

Mientras esperaba las calcas, decidí meterme un poco con el cockpit. Esto es como lo dejé, pintado de un gris, que en la foto parece blanco:

While waiting for the decals, I decided to mess with the cockpit a bit. This is how I left it, painted a gray, which in the photo looks white:

Y utilizando los óleos de MIG, le fui ensuciando con blanco, negro, gris y color polvo. Acentué su aplicación en los bordes:

And using MIG’s oils, I was dirtying it with white, black, gray and dust color. I accentuated its application at the edges:

Este es el resultado de como se verá desde fuera. Es un ligero ensuciado muy natural:

This is the result of how it will look from the outside. It is a very natural light soiling:

También apliqué un poco a los asientos, pero tengo que continuar con ellos.

I also applied a bit to the seats, but I have to continue with them.

Gracias por ver y comentar!!

Thanks for viewing and commenting!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos con este pequeñín a 1/43, después de 3 meses de espera, ya que finalmente, recibí las calcas que durante el confinamiento, se perdieron!!

We continue with this little one at 1/43, since finally, I received the decals that were lost during the confinement!!

Y aquí ya están puestas. He cogido las del nº7 que condujo Fernando de Portago con Phill Hill en los 1000 kms de Paris, Monthlery de 1956, quedando quintos:

And here they are already set. I took the ones from nº7 that Fernando de Portago drove with Phill Hill in the 1000 kms of Paris, Monthlery of 1956, finishing in p5:

Y aprovechando que me ponía a lacar el Porsche 936, también laqué este kit, con laca de la marca Gravity: el resultado muy bueno, con 2 capas finas y una tercera cargada.

And taking advantage of the fact that I put the Porsche 936 to lacquer, I also lacquered this kit, with lacquer from the Gravity brand: the very good result, with 2 thin layers and a third loaded one.

Una vez seco, enmascaramos para pintar las aslidas laterales de aire, de color negro mate:

Once dry, we masked to paint the air sides, in matt black:

En las faros, pinto las cuencas con gris acrílco de Tamiya, y el interior, donde va la bombilla, con Molotow, auqnue después lo tapará el faro metálico, pero quería ver el resultado:

In the headlights, I paint the basins with Tamiya acrylic gray, and the interior, where the bulb goes, with Molotow, although later the metal headlight will cover it, but I wanted to see the result:

A las ruedas, una vez pintadas y con un par de capas de Smoke diluido, es hora de pegar los fotograbados:

To the wheels, once painted and with a couple of layers of diluted Smoke, it is time to stick the photoetches:

Así mismo, tenemos que recortar los cristales de los moldes. Una buena idea ha sido que incluyan dos copias porque estropear una es muy fácil:

Likewise, we have to cut the crystals from the molds. It has been a good idea to include two copies because spoiling one is very easy:

El proceso que he seguido ha sido pintar con un rotulador la parte esterior de donde tengo que cortar…..

The process I have followed has been to paint with a marker the outside of where I have to cut …..

….cortarlo y después lijar hasta llegar a donde tiene que llegar (suelel haber una línea que lo delimita), y después probar y lijar, hasta que encaje. Una vez conseguido, lo pego con cola blanca aplicada con un palillo. También vemos que las piezas metálicas del fonfo del faro, ya están pegadas.

.… cut it and then sand until it reaches where it has to go (there is usually a line that delimits it), and then test and sand, until it fits. Once achieved, I glue it with white glue applied with a toothpick. We also see that the metal parts of the lighthouse font are already glued.

Otro enmascaramiento posterior a la laca de la carrocería: el reposacabezas. Sueles ser de un material blando, que amortigüe el posible golpe de la cabeza.

Another post-lacquer masking of the body: the headrest. You are usually made of a soft material, which cushions the possible blow from the head.

Yo lo he pintado de color rojo Alfa Romero de Zero, que es como si fuera un poco de color cuero:

I have painted it Zero Alfa Romero red, which is like a leather colour:

Este es el resultado:

This is the result:

Pasamos al cockpit. Hacemos ters agujeros de 0,4 mm donde vayan air los pedales, cogemos los fotograbados que vienen con el kit, y cortamos unos trozos de tubo de 0,4 mm, que aplastamos por un extremo y doblamos, para pegar el propio pedal. Para el acelerador, la parte aplastada es más grande ya que apoya en la base:

We go to the cockpit. We make three 0.4 mm holes where the pedals go, we take the photoetches that come with the kit, and we cut some pieces of 0.4 mm tube, which we crush at one end and bend, to stick the pedal itself. For the accelerator, the flattened part is larger since it rests on the base:

Lo pegamos todo con ciano. Para la palanca de cambios, cojo un fotograbado redondo con la rejilla para la base, recorto un poco la palanca y lo pego todo con ciano.:

We glue everything with cyano. For the gear lever, I take a round gravure with the grid for the base, I cut the lever a bit and glue everything with cyano .:

Ponemos la calca de los relojes, pegando el fotograbado encima…

We put the decal of the watches, sticking the photoengraving on top …

Y posteriormente pegamos el volante, al que le hemos dado previamente, una capa de naranja transparente de Tamiya a la parte de madera:

And later we glued the steering wheel, to which we have previously given, a layer of transparent Tamiya orange to the wooden part:

Pegamos los ejes y las ruedas a la carrocería…

We glue the axles and wheels to the body …

…quedando unicamente atornillar el chasis, siendo este el resultado:

… leaving only to screw the chassis, this being the result:

Lo siguiente será poner cristales, y accesorios de la carrocería, con lo que pondremos las fotos finales.

Gracias por ver y comentar.

The next thing will be to put crystals, and body accessories, with which we will put the final photos.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

Great work, looks very good. :D
Mike

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

What a nice little Ferrari. I like your modification work on all these little details. It makes the model looks much better.
C K
Canada