Mystery F1 model manufacturer on ebay?

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
Maximus
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Mystery F1 model manufacturer on ebay?

Post by Maximus »

G'day all. Has anyone purchased and built any of the 1/43 F1's from the ebay seller 'doritamodel'? He seems to have a lot of late 80's early 90s F1s at reasonable prices but I dont know if the final products will be ok to slot into my collection. Would just love to see some built models if possible. Have emailed 'doritamodel' but response simply said something along the lines of "everything needed to complete the model is in the photos"....which is clearly true.

Anyway here is an example of his listings....decals look nice enough too...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KIT-TO-ASSE ... 1438.l2649

Thanks in advance.

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Re: Mystery F1 model manufacturer on ebay?

Post by Corpsegrinder »

I wonder if those models are from CPModel:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CpModel-Mod ... e_internal

Looking at the seller's photo of the Life 190, it looks like it is CPModel. I cannot see anyone else making these kind of kits.
Last edited by Corpsegrinder on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
Maximus
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Maximus »

They certainly look like CP. Which can be good and bad. Thats why Im hoping someone may have built some of the AGS cars so I can see if they are like the better CP models....or not.

dozman
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Lotus, Williams
Australia

Post by dozman »

They look more like copies of older models (1970's) by the likes of John Day, Dallari, etc Decals do look nice though.

Paul

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

Manufacturer is Villa-Model. Certainly, some of them are copies of CP Model, for example, the Lyncar. I have the Berta and the Fry F2, not yet built. Very crude models that need a good amount of work to get a decent finish but the unique chance to get a model of some rare cars.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Seems to be a poor quality, a complete rear wing casted in one piece?? Well, no way to me! Even Provence moulage did a better job decades ago.
Take a stand!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

VintageRPM wrote:They are not copies, they are from various manufacturers. Some are resin, some are white metal. I saw FDS, Teneriv, John Day, and others. Quality will vary.
Well, even they are not copies, personal i think too they are copies, John Day, FDS and Tenariv models are decades ago and this is how they look like. It would take weeks to bring it to a level worth to be named, even if there is no other brand with this car in stash, i would not buy any of it. Sorry to say so, just my thoughts on it.
Take a stand!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

VintageRPM wrote:
gp-models wrote:
VintageRPM wrote:They are not copies, they are from various manufacturers. Some are resin, some are white metal. I saw FDS, Teneriv, John Day, and others. Quality will vary.
Well, even they are not copies, personal i think too they are copies, John Day, FDS and Tenariv models are decades ago and this is how they look like. It would take weeks to bring it to a level worth to be named, even if there is no other brand with this car in stash, i would not buy any of it. Sorry to say so, just my thoughts on it.
As I said, quality will vary. If you look at the pictures, they show the instructions, some of which have the manufacturers name on them. Yes, they are old, and therefore not up to modern casting standards. That explains the low prices, compared to new kits. Some of those kits will build into decent representations of the 1:1 vehicle, others will not. This is no a reason to bash an eBay seller. There are enough people making illegal copies of kits (especially figures) without having to smear law abiding sellers.

They are far away from any modern standard, and far away from a price that will match the quality in any way! Why should i not say so, especially when these are my personal thoughts on it as i have written?? Do i have to agree to trash only cause the seller or someone else feels better?? :roll: If someone is willing to buy it, ok to me, but it will not change my view on it! Super low quality and cause of this, and an issue of the real source of these kits, overprized too.
Take a stand!

ringleheim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ringleheim »

The kit listing that was linked by the OP said something like the kit was "based on a Tameo kit"...not really sure the writing isn't very clear.

A picture is worth a thousand words. You can see what you are getting in the photo.

To the OP: if a specific car speaks to you, buy one and try it! Then you'll know what you thin about this guy.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Where the hell did i said that the seller is trash??? Are you kidding me??
Please don`t read something between the lines no one said! Think before posting! :roll:
Take a stand!