Ligier JS41 Mugen (BBR)

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
martinpesce
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Ligier JS41 Mugen (BBR)

Post by martinpesce »

The New Year started well modeling wise, as I managed to finish my first ever kit in 1/43 scale. Always tempted by the wide offering of F1 models compared to plastic (and even resin) modeling but also a bit scared by the small scale and the different techniques required, I finally had a go and... must say I am quite hooked!

I was nicely surprised by the way the parts fit together, also the casting was very clean (and in fact BBR looks to be better than what I have seen from Tameo for the same era). Yes, particularly the rear wing and rear suspension were fiddly, but the metal parts are actually easier to "nudge" into shape compared to plastic suspension rods. Also, the scale is quite friendly for sticking with hand-brush painting, which is what I prefer. The blue is hand-mixed btw from Revel colours. I only added a scratch-built windscreen (plastic card) and Tameo rain tires.

Finally the subject: being from the second F1 season I actively followed, I had always liked the early season 1995 cars with these strange openings in the airbox, and particularly the look and colourscheme of the Benetton B195. Since I got the Ligier version of that kit (note there are slight differences between the cars even from the first GP onwards) I decided to go with the easier paint scheme, only to find out during the process that this colourscheme does great justice to the sharp Rory Byrne design, perhaps even better than the Benetton's!

As mentioned I am planning to build a few more, and acquired three more BBR kits from the same year: the McLaren MP4/10, Sauber C14 and Jordan 195. If anyone has another 1995 spec car lying around: PMs are welcome!

Photos are a bit dark so let's blame the iPhone and the poor weather... Thanks for looking!
Attachments
IMG_5107.JPG
IMG_5108.JPG
IMG_5110.JPG
IMG_5099.JPG
IMG_5102.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Ligier JS41 Mugen (BBR)

Post by gp-models »

Nice and clean build, looking good! :)
Take a stand!

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Very nice!!

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Nice little Beast :) .

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Looks great. I too am falling for the charms of 1/43 scale. I find this scale easier than 1/20 because the detail is not expected as it is in 1/20.

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

Looks good and clean
Yes, the BBR 1:43 Kits have a good quality, but the photo etched parts are a little softer.
I wish me more Time, I have many BBR F1 1:43 Kits, special Ferrari F1, I hope soon more Time is coming :D

Mike

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Formulamike wrote:Looks good and clean
I was gonna use same words as Mike! :D
Really impressive. These small things are quite tricky