WIP Tameo CPK004 MP4-1C

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

WIP Tameo CPK004 MP4-1C

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hi All,

I've been away from the bench for about 7 months because it's just been so cold, and some health problems, but I'm back. I've started several WIPs and only completed a couple over the past few years, so I hope I can finally finish another one.

Just got my workbench cleaned up and the parts out of the bags, so here's where we start. This is my first CPK kit, and it's weird for a Tameo kit because there's almost no photoetch, only the seatbelts. I noticed that, even though it's a CPK kit, it came in a SilverLine box. :shock:

And, this will be my first use of the new Tamiya LP-5 Semi-gloss black that I got from an EBay seller in Taiwan a few months ago.

A couple of sad things are that this kit is the last thing I bought from Mac's and I also got the Gravity Colors paint before they went away. I hope Mac's and Gravity Colors can both come back.

So, here's the start:
MP41C Box.jpg
MP41C Tweezers.jpg
MP41C Gravity.jpg
Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

dgwoodward2
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Don Woodward
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Re: WIP Tameo CPK004 MP4-1C

Post by dgwoodward2 »

Looking forward to your progress on this!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Good to see you back on the bench, highly interesting cause i don`t have any CPK kit, but playing around with the idea of buying some. Keep it comin Greg! :)
Take a stand!

cesar418
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by cesar418 »

Subscribed!

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Subscribed!

ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ewestra »

Good luck with your build Greg, but what do mean that Gravity Colors is no more?? They are still here https://www.gravity-colors.com/ Last month I ordered the Eagle Blue and 2K clear coat.

Eric

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

ewestra wrote:Good luck with your build Greg, but what do mean that Gravity Colors is no more?? They are still here https://www.gravity-colors.com/ Last month I ordered the Eagle Blue and 2K clear coat.

Eric
That's good to hear, Eric. I ordered a couple of bottles of Rosso Corsa a couple of months ago, and had them within a few days, all the while other people were saying that they never got their orders. Then the Gravity Colors FB page went away. I'm still able to log into my account on their website, though. :D :D :D
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hi All,

Not much progress here, with my son home between his Masters Degree and PhD program. The body, mirrors and rear wing have been primed with Tamiya metal primer, then White Surface Primer. The tray and wheels were sprayed with TS29 from the can, even though I have a couple of bottles of LP-5 that I'm itching to try. It's been so hot and humid that I don't want to use the airbrush. Hopefully more soon. :D :D :D
DSC_0825.JPG
Cheers,
Greg

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hello All,

Well, it's been a hell of a hiatus. I won't go into my health issues, but hopefully they're resolved for now. Law school for our son, not PhD. :shock: I'm back on this model, and hoping winter won't be so long, now. Since the last post, I painted the body with Gravity Colors (USA) Titanium White a couple of weeks ago when we had a warm-ish day here in the northeast USA, and I'm ready for the fluoro. Conundrum: should I mask and paint, or use the kit decals (I'm so afraid of the fluoro bleeding under the tape).

Thanks and cheers, :D :D :D
Gregf

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Great to see you back on this Greg, i would go for a paint job, after masking i spray another light coat of white to protect the edges of masking tape from getting red under it. This should bring you sharp edges. ;)
Take a stand!