WIP Tameo CPK004 MP4-1C

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: WIP Tameo CPK004 MP4-1C

Post by vanhookvintage »

gp-models wrote:Great to see you back on this Greg, i would go for a paint job, after masking i spray another light coat of white to protect the edges of masking tape from getting red under it. This should bring you sharp edges. ;)
Thanks! I'll do that. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Gooch
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Dave Sans
United States of America

Post by Gooch »

Nice progress so far I hope you're able to keep it going. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I also have been on hiatus bearly got anything done last year I too have been having health problems myself I have to have surgery in 4 weeks but on the plus side, I been back working on unfinished kits since Christmas break.
Regards,
Dave

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hi All,

I hope your all staying safe. I work for an essential business, but still working from home as much as possible, so that means not working on models as much as I'd like.

Another update on a painfully slow progress. This is actually a really nice kit, but the vac-formed windscreen with mirrors and rivet decals will be the end of me. I ended up using the kit decals for the fluoro on the body (I know that, even tho' I love 1/43, I would never be able to mask the fluoro appropriately), and the rear wing is Gravity USA McLaren Fluoro, which matches the decals perfectly. I included Indycals' 1/43 Dzus fastener decals on the flanks.

Spring has finally arrived here in NE USA, and I've had a few productive evenings in the garage. The body and rear wing are ready for clear coat. I'll be using Gravity USA 2K. Just need to get the front wings decaled and some time in the dehydrator.
MP4 Lauda.jpg
Thanks for looking (don't look too close - not my best work). :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

dgwoodward2
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Don Woodward
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by dgwoodward2 »

Greg, great seeing the progress. After several years of not building (but not stopping me from watching others), I have started to climb back in the hobby. This week I organized my tools, etc. on the bench using the Hobby Zone stuff and then spent all day today building a new spray booth from scratch for the garage. The kids thought I was crazy with all the packages arriving (had to do it that way due to lock down). Even had to test it out tonight with some primer on an old Ampersand Indycar kit of Rick Mears. Anyway, keep up the good work and stay safe.

Don

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

Looks good, Greg

Mike

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Thanks Don, glad to see you'll be back on here soon, and I'm humbled, Mike - Thank you.

I applied the 2K Garvity USA Clear this evening. I used David Thibodeau's method of two coats then a third lighter coat with some reducer, with some curing in between.

I used my new Iwata HP-SAR single action siphon-feed airbrush. .5mm nozzle/needle and about 30 psi. I'll post photos tomorrow after some more curing in the dehydrator. Now I know why the HP-SAR is Paul Budzik's favorite single action airbrush. What a treat, what a fine tool.
HP-SAR.jpg
More tomorrow. :D :D :D
Cheers,
Greg

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

OK, Last post before Completed Project. The body was clear-coated with Gravity USA 2K. Fiddly bits for the interior and suspension are done. Next to assemble body/monocoque, suspension, wings, etc. Then the dreaded vacform windscreen. :shock: :shock: :shock:
MP41C 2.jpg
MP41C 1.jpg
Cheers,
Greg

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hopefully last pic before the windscreen and Completed Project.
MP41C no screen.jpg
Cheers,
Greg

dgwoodward2
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Don Woodward
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by dgwoodward2 »

Looks great Greg! Looks like a real nice clear finish on it. How did you like the Gravity 2k?

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

dgwoodward2 wrote:Looks great Greg! Looks like a real nice clear finish on it. How did you like the Gravity 2k?
I'm really happy with it. The third coat (thinned with a little bit of reducer) flowed out real nice without going on thick, and no orange peel at all. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg