GP`s 1:43 bench / Tameo Benetton B194 GP Spain/ Australia

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench/ Some old school kits

Post by petrov27 »

gp-models wrote: Thank you for kind comment, appriciate it!
Yes correct, for the nameplates i went to a local printing shop to get digital prints done, the graphic art work was done by a friend, nowadays by my girlfriend. As they don`t print a single plate, i collected enough to do 5 A3 sized prints, then i cutted them to size, cuttingmarkings have been printed outside of the plate to get the right size.
I attach my models with screws to the baseplates, depending on the ridehight i use spacers to adjust them.
Thank you for the details! Love the Le Mans cars! What brand/product bases are you using?

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench/ Going back to Le Mans

Post by gp-models »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:amazing stuff.
Thank you Mr. G, nice to see you like it!
gtziaf wrote:Loved and inspired by Senna collection!

Nice Le Mans stuff, also!
Thank you very much George, i wish Provence had done the Senna boat too, would fit in my boat collection!
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench/ Going back to Le Mans

Post by gp-models »

Inuyasha wrote:I´m allways impressed by the amount and extra ordinary builts your presenting, simply amazing stuff! :)

I´ve send you some screenshots of this and yesterdays morning by mail, have a look and a good laugh! Nothing to see there! :lol:
Thank you for kind comment, i like such ordinary stuff. :)
Nee, da gibt`s gar nix zu sehen! :lol: Is mir vor paar Wochen aber auch schon aufgefallen, nur nicht in dem Ausmaß! Kinderkram! :roll:
petrov27 wrote:
gp-models wrote: Thank you for kind comment, appriciate it!
Yes correct, for the nameplates i went to a local printing shop to get digital prints done, the graphic art work was done by a friend, nowadays by my girlfriend. As they don`t print a single plate, i collected enough to do 5 A3 sized prints, then i cutted them to size, cuttingmarkings have been printed outside of the plate to get the right size.
I attach my models with screws to the baseplates, depending on the ridehight i use spacers to adjust them.
Thank you for the details! Love the Le Mans cars! What brand/product bases are you using?
Usually i use BBR boxes for my models, sometimes i used handmade boxes for some special models too, but these are realy expensive!
Many thx for kind comment, with Le Mans next month ahead i will present some more Le Mans cars, but next might be some Steinmetz cars i did, mainly known in germany.
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / Steinmetz Racing and Bitter CD

Post by gp-models »

As promised, some older stuff from Provence Moulage, a few Commodore`s mainly known in germany, beginning with the Spa 1970 Version followed by some streetversions. Seinmetz was a tuning and racing team specialized on Opel somewhere in the 70`s.

Finaly a model i created on my own in limited edition for the Bitter Club germany, one of Erich Bitter`s cars, the CD.
I added a lot of pe parts, metal turned wheels with pe inlays, bodywork casted in resin and interieur in metal.
Excuse some dust on the pics, forgot to clean it. Anyway, hope you like it.

Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / Some more Tameo F1 models

Post by gp-models »

Today presenting some more Tameo kits i did, could not find any better picture from the Brabham BT 45 Press version, so only that one on it.

And finaly another one for the fun, yeah, the Batmobile! :lol:
Can`t remember who produced this kit, but it was realy a nightmare, a white metal block rughly casted with very less details.

Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

SImply awesome works! Very nice and clean paint jobs, looking great! :)
Had to google a bit about the Bitter CD, did not knew that this exists. Amazing work i have to say! How much time did you spend on the developement? I have no clue how i would do this when starting with nothing, good job!! :)

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Many thx for kind comment and interest on the CD i did!
It took me about 5 or 6 weeks to do the Bitter, about a week only for research and taking measurements on a real car, 3 more to create the master and round about 2 weeks for the outsourced parts like decals, etched parts and wheels. The casting process was done in about 1 or 2 weeks, don`t remember exactly cause it is many years back. Nowadays you can get this car as diecast model.
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / the Road to Le Mans

Post by gp-models »

Today and with Le Mans coming closer, I put out the Provence Moulage all open Ferrari 512 BB LM Harksound, taken from Le Mans 1979.
It is a very nice kit, driver figure included. I only have to rework the piping from the engine, when i build it up, i had none matching material on my hands, so i used some thick wire material which does not realy match, hurts a bit the overall look.

Here we go, hope you like it even before the changings are done. In the background the 250 Breadvan from BBR is to be finished.

Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

That`s looking fantastic! :D
All those details in such small scale is simply amazing. Looking forward to see it with the changed plumbing, i only can wonder how to handle those tiny things!
Top Job as usually!

About the casting, do you think it is possible to replicate a "Nabendeckel" (sorry, did not find the rigth word) from a real car wheel in resin?
Got an idea to customize the ones from my car. :lol:

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you for kind comment!
I think i will do that when i build the 2 3M versions i have in stock, will make life much easier i think ;)

I`m not sure if resin would be the right material to do that but i`ve seen 3D printed covers that looked awesome! You can print in 2 colours, raised logos etc., the choice i would prefer ;)
As far as i have seen, the price was not too much for such custom made ones. Seen it on facebook or somewhere else, don`t remember exactly.
Take a stand!