GP`s 1:43 bench / Tameo Benetton B194 GP Spain/ Australia

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / A BMW Touring Car story part 3

Post by Inuyasha »

Superb work mate, those tiny decals on the Weisberg conversion would have run me mad! :)
As former E36 driver i like these all!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / A BMW Touring Car story part 3

Post by gp-models »

Yeah, those tiny "dots" drove me realy mad that time, these belong to my early and very first conversions i did, made scans from the Polaroid pics, that`s why i have these pics safed. :D
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / A BBR Ferrari F1 story

Post by gp-models »

Today having some of my BBR works i did on the list, some Ferrari F1 models from Michael Schumacher`s period.
All simply OOB builds, and sorry to say so, but again still crappy old pics :roll:
Still have to figure out to take better shots from upgoing or future projects, think a new cam have to become real for this.

Anyway, starting with Micheal`s first Ferrari ( no not the 412 T2 Testcar), the F310 as it appeard with the low nose from 1996.

I build The high nose as well, but can`t find the pictures actually, lost the overview a bit :roll: :lol:
So here we go on with 1997 season and F310B in Monaco race trim.

Next is the controverse 1998 F300 from the Italian GP, you all might remember the ugly try in aerodynamics with the "tower wings" as these cars appeared in practice and qualifying.

And this was the race version as the tower wings have been banned for the race.

Story to be continued, hope you like it.
Take a stand!

senninha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by senninha »

The paintjob is awesome. Most of the 1:43 glossy paint is to thick. But yours look pretty much perfect. I ask me again where this guy have the time to build every car since 1970 :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thx a lot for kind comment mate! :)
The glossy look on some is simply caused by the heavy light i put on, a bit too much for a good pic. Usually i sand and polish the models after clear coating, removing all imperfections is necessary to get a good result and i use a special high end wax to achieve a glossy finish, same as i use on my real car, pretty expensive but incredible results finaly!
About the time, i often build 3 or 4 models in the same colour at one time, so i can save a lot of time on the paint job cause it is much less effort to paint 3 instead of 1 at once. ;)
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Great works, like the Schumacher cars!
Which wax are you using? The one you send me the link with those mind blowing prices? :shock:

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Many thx for kind comment! Yes it is the Concorso wax i`m using, simply awesome, maybe next year i will buy a small bottle of the christal rock wax from Paul Dalton for my real car, only the price with over 300 bucks for 50ml makes me sh#tting my pants! :lol:
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench / A BBR Ferrari F1 story part 2

Post by gp-models »

Moving on with more BBR models, quick builds OOB again.
Starting with the 1999 Presentation version.

Going on with F399 Japan GP

As i can`t find a pic of F2000 which i did also, moving on with F2001 GP Hungary, parting lines re engraved.

Next is F310 as it was done by BBR for the Ferrari owners club of Thailand in a super limited run. Special is the Thailand flag on the nose. Parting lines all re engraved.

Hope you like it
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

gp-models wrote:Many thx for kind comment! Yes it is the Concorso wax i`m using, simply awesome, maybe next year i will buy a small bottle of the christal rock wax from Paul Dalton for my real car, only the price with over 300 bucks for 50ml makes me sh#tting my pants! :lol:
Seen a youtube video from Paul Dalton detailing a car, unbelievable! Especially the price with a few thousand bucks! :shock: If your doing so, please share a pic of it when done!
Great update, realy nice works again! Like them all :)
Seems like that idiot is running full mad, 7.7+k! There must be something more then only a mental problem, realy sick!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you for kind comment :)
Paul is only doing such high class detailings all over the world, if you have the money, he will come to you and detail your car as well!
Just kidding, i know his prices, but also know the quality and amount of work that is needed to do such job, it can take more then 100 hours to get a showcar finish on this level. I spend usually about a week to detail my car in spring, call it madness but i like it! :lol:
Ist in der Gruppe Sonntag schon rund gegangen, Coronakoller oder so....
Take a stand!