GP`s 1:43 bench / Tameo Benetton B194 GP Spain/ Australia

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 2

Post by gp-models »

Mr.Grumpy wrote:looks great! really impressed with the work you did on the front with the air intakes. that's not an easy modification and it looks excellent.
Thank you Mr G :)
Yes doing it in such scale is realy hard and a proof of patience! Glad to see you like it :)

jaykay wrote:Very nice work! I like this car a lot too. Shame the regs favoured the open top versions and so that's what we got for years. ( O.k....leaving out the Bentleys :-)
Now look what we have. Roofs again, but with the big honkin' fins and holes in the fenders the prototypes are not a sight to behold. Just look at the 2017 Porsche 919. There's a football stadium missing its lights!

One hint for your roll-out version, if you don't mind: the surfaces in the valleys between greenhouse and fenders are still rough where you cut away the little intakes. That needs more sanding or it will show.
I thought I was fine on my build of the LeMans version but with the silver paint the mistakes really popped out. Still bugs me! The black/bare CF bodywork should be more forgiving though :-)
Thank you too Joachim, seen your brilliant work on your build and it is stunning! :)
Truly it is a shame that only this car turned out and AUDI went on with the open cars, i only like the 99 open versions, cause they are not a mix of Flaps, wings and openings. I build 2 of the open ones of 99, the Sebring car and the Le Mans car, here some pics of them...

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Did the 2000 car too, not my best build if you look at the colour! :oops: but that was the point i lost interest in it caused by the look of the cars.

About the imperfection on the inducts i removed, your poiting right. On this picture there is only a light coat of primer on it to check the surface, i finaly gave it a heavy coat of primer at least and sanded this area again. Hopefully i get rid of it, cause it is not easy to reach this section for sanding it!
I´m pretty happy that this will get no silver, cause your absolutely right that this colour showed each and every tiny imperfection in the surface, and in this scale it could destroy the overall look of the model easy! Did not see much on your build, but i know that you see the points cause you build it. Same to me, sometimes boring when you look at the model and know that there are a few things that didn`t work out like you planed it. ;)
But as you said, the CF black will hide a few things and i plan to paint it flat finaly, that will soke some imperfections too.
The Bentleys i guess came up cause VW wanted to do some promotion on this brand i think, but i loved them cause they showed the way AUDI should have gone! I did all of the Bentley`s, all from Provence Moulage, but have one Renaissance left with open doors. Maybe one day.... :)
Indy1977TX wrote:Amazing work and in such a small scale. Keep it up, looking forward to the next update.

Jordan
Many thanks Jordan! I appriciate your commend :)
Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 2

Post by gp-models »

A small update for today,
the first parts are painted and i started with some assembling on the wheels. The interieur will be mostly invisible when finaly installed to the body, no chance to see it anymore, so i will not pay much attention to it, only OOB. It will get only some detail painting, but the only thing which is visible a bit, will be the seat belt :?

Now on to the car, paint is on and i started to make the first templates. They are a bit oversized, after cutting them they get a bit more fine tuning. This would be only half of the templates that i need, so more work is on the run and hopefully i will get the first decals on today. I hope that my cf decals are not to old and crack, even with new ones it takes time to get all the rounded areas covered and a lot of softener.

Take a stand!

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 3

Post by gp-models »

The car is finaly in CF and awaiting clear, cause paint job is time consuming i decided to go on with another one.
The only point is, i don`t know what might be next project! :lol:
I have a few options, a Tameo F1, a Provence Moulage Rally car or another boat, or even a GT car.
As i realy don`t know where to start first, what would you think or even wish to see?
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 3

Post by jaykay »

GT

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 3

Post by gp-models »

For GT i have a Bentley LM version, i think it was the 2002 or 2003 version with open doors from Renaissance, a Provence miniatures Brun Porsche 962 Repsol i think and some Provence Moulage Nissan LM kits plus an Aston Martin AMR1 LM open version. A Ferrari 512BB 3M all open is left too if we go backwards, so a lot of options on the run and i don`t know where to start!
Edit: and a Starter Sauber C11 open version which i forgot^^ But don`t forget i have a lot of Tameo`s in my stash too!
Take a stand!

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Re: Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Update AUDI R8C WIP 3

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

have one of the bentley's too. also with open doors but i will attempt to build with them sealed shut. love to see the aston.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Mclaren F1 GTR F1 Design

Post by gp-models »

It`s a while ago i posted here, but today i found some pics i thought i lost with a pc crash a few years ago, happy to have them back!

I build a couple of Mclaren F1 GTR with designs i created on my own, just fantasy designs cause none of these exists realy, but i had fun when trying to do some F1 designs for the F1 GTR which i want to share. Some might call me crazy, but it was my favorite car in this time and i thought why not doing it!? :lol:
Don`t take care about the baseplates, they come from the donor model i used.

So here we go with some of them, enjoy and hopefully have fun like i had to build them.

Should have a look where i put the R8C Prototype, needs to be finished too.
Take a stand!

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Brilliant work! I especially like the one in the Jordan 191 style livery.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thanks a lot for kind comment, appriciate it!
My personal favorite is the Repsol one, took me some time to do the paint job with it`s 4 colours, but it popped out nice i think.
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Re: GP`s 1:43 bench Mclaren F1 GTR F1 Design

Post by jaykay »

Very nice! Great ideas!
My favourite is the BAR 001. Like the short tail better anyway :-)