W.I.P. 1/12 Lotus 72d

Area to upload images of work(s) in progress...

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

W.I.P. 1/12 Lotus 72d

Post by crashfasano »

After having this kit for about 8 years, I've finally gotten around to starting it. This picture is Steps 1 to 4 primed and ready to paint.
Attachments
Lotus 72D-2-3.jpg
Last edited by crashfasano on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rugby gets rid of the frustration!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

RE: W.I.P. 1/12 Lotus 72d

Post by daniel »

wuahh..what you're doing there ??? please glue the airintkaes for the engines together, remove the "gluelines" with filler and THEN prime and paint..pllllease :-)

thanks

daniel
-germany-

vrba
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Harry
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari, Renault
Germany

Post by vrba »

The same for the oil tank/intake/wing support assembly :wink:

Hrvoje

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

See, that's one of the reasons I joined this site. I'm not an expert builder. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, and appreciated. I can hardly wait till I ask you guys about the detail parts I've ordered from Thunder Valley. If I ever get them. :?:javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question

dauntless
F2
F2

Post by dauntless »

At least you didn't ruin anything. The guys are right though. It doesn't take much to glue, file, fill and polish. On some of the cars of that era though, some had two piece air scopes or had a line down the middle. i don't think your 72 is one of them but I know I saw some F3000's with them.

Paul_Raterink
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Paul_Raterink »

Hi G.F.

I'm addressing your order, and everyone elses as fast as I can, but I know its not fast enough. Please don't hesitate to give me another call. Summer break with the boys home all the time has really made getting my work done VERY difficult. Plus, we had a month of illness' around here that was brutal.

Sorry
:(

Cheers,

Paul

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

Just an update. By the time you saw this picture and suggested gluing, puttying and filling, it was too late. I do have another 8 kits to put that info to use with. As I do not own a digital camera, you have to wait till I finish a roll of film. Unless you want me to post pictures of the flooding at the lake? So as I write this, the rear wing is attached to the oil tank, the left and right pods and the nose are together, painted, decaled and clear coated. I'm in the process of stripping the paint off of the floor because I don't like the way it turned out. The clear coat seems to have screwed up. Not sure if it's because the can is a little old or it was too humid that day. Sanding it didn't help the mottled look. I'm thinking of switching to a clear coat I can use with my airbrush. I currently use Tamiya acrylics and enamels. Any suggestions? I know, this is just asking for trouble.

Thanks,
Crash

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Update

Post by crashfasano »

I got the roll of film developed. This picture is steps 1-9 painted and ready to be decaled and clear coated. The funny bit on the bottom of the nose is a reflection of the overhead light. I didn't screw up the paint.
Attachments
Lotus 72D-4-3.jpg
Last edited by crashfasano on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

This is after putting the parts together and decaling. The rear wing is done, it just doesn't show in the photo.
Attachments
Lotus 72D-5-3.jpg
Last edited by crashfasano on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

The first shot is the body work clear coated and test fitted. In the second one, the multitude of small parts are for front and rear axles and front suspension.
Attachments
Lotus 72D-7-3.jpg
Lotus 72D-8-3.jpg
Last edited by crashfasano on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.