2021 F1 looks (yikes!)

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

2021 F1 looks (yikes!)

Post by JamesB »

So here it is.

What you think? honestly I don't like. I am bored of so much arrow/dart looking stuff.
I can think of lots of eras when cars looked much better.
I guess I'll never get used to the HALO, and those huge rims look horrible.
Anyway I guess what gave F1 its main attraction was the cars using different body ideas, and that will never be back.

PS: one good thing is that noses are a bit like pre '90, those hollow nose undersides are uncomfy for drivers, a money pit and useless technically....

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: 2021 F1 looks (yikes!)

Post by SBEST »

If we can have MotoGP. We can have F1 without Halo. While safety is important the Halo is what I call a "career extender".....

tubegenius
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

To my eyes this is a 1000% improvement. It looks more like a racing car, and less like a deep sea creature hitching a ride on a skateboard. :roll:
Last edited by tubegenius on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Proportion wise this is much better than what we have right now.
The versions the team will come up with will look less styled and there will likely be as many ( or few ) differences as we have right now.
The bigger rims make the car look smaller. I don't particularly care for them but they won't kill the look either.
Still don't care for the halo either, but at least here they've integrated it a bit better. Might just be the colour scheme...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Its basically a 2015 Indycar, which is good. We obviously won't get the chromed bodywork (Mclaren's were shiny, not chrome), nor a free floating airbox. The biggest change will be the downforce under the car, which they're touting as a revolution, when its literally the same thing CART did in the 90s. I'm hoping its enough to get rid of DRS. The cars will also be shorter then they are now.

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

I like everything but the wheel covers. I also worry that the regs will be too restrictive and we'll get a lot of similar cars. But going to underbody downforce is a great move. It's worked very well in IndyCar.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

2021-Top.jpg
Here's the top view of it.

Since we don't know which areas are mandatory to the aerodynamics that cannot be changed, this is far from the final look.

Interesting things are the rear wing end plates are no longer parallel to the center line. The wing on top of the front wheel and the whole floor are probably a features that cannot be changed. It is also mentioned that all barge boards are gone. It will be much easier to do a model like this.

In general, I like the more smooth flow of the shapes.
C K
Canada

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I think these look okay, I hope the racing is good. I always found the indycar rear bumpers offensive to the eye personally. I don’t see anything in this that I find so disconcerting. I have become used to the Halo and suspect we are not going to see it go away. I want to see at least as good of a racing product as we have now in F-1 and if the cars can run a bit closer maybe we will get some improvement. I don’t think the objective though should be to create artificial passing. NASCAR went that way and I don’t think it did them any good. INDYCAR’s only weakness in my option is that the cars are too much a like and too restricted. F-1 needs to stay unique and retain it’s claim as the premier Motorsport. I would like them to free up the motors a tad and let them have at least 4 per season if not 5.

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

Here’s the car in McLaren livery. I still think that a lot of front wing parts will end up scattered in the first turn. I personally would like cars to run with no front wings as in 1982.

PAul Erlendson
Attachments
74F934A0-B946-481A-942C-B698DB848CA1.jpeg

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

I'm not liking the way things are developing in Formula One in general at the moment,
at all anyway. F1 is unfortunately becoming (no disrespect to my USA friends) very
Americanized. Making the cars all look the same is boring and reminds of Nascar and
IndyCar, it's been creeping in since Liberty took the reins. Do you remember the first
United States GP at Austin with build up to the race, all the drivers had to traipse out
from behind a curtain on a red carpet American football come wrestling & boxing style,
band music, cheer leaders... I said to my wife at the time, sadly I can see even more of
this type of thing coming into F1 in the future, and lo the prophet had spoken, as it is
steadily dribbling in, in gradually small doses... But having said all that, you all know me
by now, if Ferrari are racing in it, I'll watch it... 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher