View topic - 1/12 kit Decals Wanted

1/12 kit Decals Wanted

Looking for....

1/12 kit Decals Wanted

Postby Scale_Engineering » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi all, hope everybody is well

Have obtained a few kits recently but some decals on the sheets have been previously compromised. I am after the following:

1/12 Tamiya Fw14/b - 1x White ELF logo for the engine cover/sidepod, located under the blue square elf logo.

1/12 Lotus 72 2x Front tire gold rings with Firestone logos

1/12 Revell Ferrari F2002 2x sidepod Shell logos

Postage to New Zealand

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Warmest Regards, N
Scale_Engineering
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrari McLaren

Re: 1/12 kit Decals Wanted

Postby JamesB » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm

HI!
I can make them for you, I have draught all those on other occasions...
BTW it seems it was a really good hunt 8) nice pieces!
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby Scale_Engineering » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi James

Thank you kindly for your reply. Maybe quite interested! I Understand getting the gold of the Lotus 72 wheel bands might be a challenge but the Williams Elf and F2002 Shell logos should be ok so long as the yellow and red of the shell logos matches up with the kit ones for the nose. Have the Scale Motorsport rear wing replacement ones.
Scale_Engineering
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Postby JamesB » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:57 pm

It might even be easier for me to hand you the originals (FW14 and F2002 case) and make for me the replacements when the moment comes 8)
The gold for the Firestones? nothing hard fr an ALPS... :mrgreen:
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby gp-models » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Lotus 72 has golden rings for the tyres?? Can`t find them on my sheet...
Maybe i have some decals left over, for 72 i have a complete sheet, but very old, seems like the first edition. For the Elf and the Shell i have to look, got some in my stash but don`t know if it is the right size. Can you give some more informations about what you need? Shell is clear, but the elf and the firestone logo is not clear, do you mean the firestone in gold with black?
gp-models
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Lotus

Postby Scale_Engineering » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Decals required (indicated by Pink Boxes) for confirmation purposes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scale_Engineering
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Postby gp-models » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 am

Ok, now i understand what you mean with the rings, but this is not the original Tamiya sheet, it is an aftermarket sheet from Wim (bestbalsakits), that might be the reason why i wondered about the rings cause Tamiya does not provide this in the kit.
I will check my stash for the shell and elf, have a lot of virage decals and maybe the right size, will let you know later this evening.
gp-models
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Postby bestbalsakits » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 am

gp-models wrote:Ok, now i understand what you mean with the rings, but this is not the original Tamiya sheet, it is an aftermarket sheet from Wim (bestbalsakits), that might be the reason why i wondered about the rings cause Tamiya does not provide this in the kit.
I will check my stash for the shell and elf, have a lot of virage decals and maybe the right size, will let you know later this evening.

The rings in picture are original tamiya, not mine. This is how the decal looked like with the latest re-issue, the one that also contained photo-etch.

Better even: i have one of these tire ring decal sets i can part with. Sent Scale_Engineering a PM.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.be for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...
bestbalsakits
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Postby gp-models » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:25 am

bestbalsakits wrote:
gp-models wrote:Ok, now i understand what you mean with the rings, but this is not the original Tamiya sheet, it is an aftermarket sheet from Wim (bestbalsakits), that might be the reason why i wondered about the rings cause Tamiya does not provide this in the kit.

The rings in picture are original tamiya, not mine. This is how the decal looked like with the latest re-issue, the one that also contained photo-etch.

Better even: i have one of these tire ring decal sets i can part with. Sent Scale_Engineering a PM.

Wim

Thanks for information Wim, only have the old kit and there are no rings provided, but maybe i did not get them because i bought a used kit, so it would be interesting to know if they are only provided in the re issue kit, can someone copy this who has the old edition of this kit too?

Edit: @scale engineering: the shell and elf ones i have are too small, do not fit on 1:12, sorry!
gp-models
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Postby bestbalsakits » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:36 am

it is only the latest issue that has these tire ring decals. Previously released editions did't carry these.
Also, notice the lack of JPS logos in the latest edition, which was provided earlier editions.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.be for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...
bestbalsakits
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Next

Return to Wanted