F3
Your Name: Sérgio Pais
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Portugal

Re: Honda RC166 - 1:12 Tamiya

Post by lupisenna »

I'm sorry to give only now an answer to the comments. :oops:

But thank you for your feedback! :D
stubeck wrote:Looks great. Seriously, if you said it was a real bike I would have believed you!
I feel that I can improve even more at the photo session...
jaydar wrote:I have built quite a few 1/12 bike kits from Tamiya and others and they all have this problem to a varying degree. I have used these:

https://hlj.com/hex-nuts-photo-etched-p ... tsttd23040

or similar. You could do the whole bike in 20 minutes.

BTW, it is a very nice build. I have that one in the pile along with all of the aftermarket.
Thank you for the tip to the aftermarket product I'll buy it!
I bought/won this kit on a ebay auction the seller put as used, but he didn't refer that it were with all aftermarket... It was a very good surprise for 30 euros included shipping costs! 8)
Marcel wrote:The Chain is a pain ;-)
To fix on the kit that's a pain to me I needed at least 4 hands! :mrgreen:
indygp2001 wrote:What my beef is - is that Tamiya didn't adorn some of their 1/12 F1, etc., kits in some "Detail Sets" with the same attention of detail / Quality that they used when doing your kit. They really missed the boat.
I almost purchased the rivet detail set made for your Honda to use on some of the F1s as they are some of the best turned parts I have ever seen! Oh well...
I agree with you they could do "Details Sets" not only to the F1 cars, but to others 1:12 cars, also.
It would be a must! 8)

Regards
Sérgio