F1 News and Info

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: AND FINALLY FERNANDO´S BACK!!

Post by daveyman »

I think Vettel had it back when he was at Red Bull, yes the car was good and it suited him but he still had that something extra. He's just physched himself out now and hasn't seemed a happy bunny for a good while. Ferrari have found their new hope so can afford to discard the damaged goods without a backwards glance.

Hein
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Leyton House, Ferrari, Simtek
Austria

Post by Hein »

viperdoug
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: SENNA
United States of America

Post by viperdoug »

I personally am happy to have him back, I think he will be good for the sport. I think it will not be easy for him with all the teams that seem to have really pick up their pace and with a lot of good young talented drivers. At the same time he will take the media away from these young guys, but that may be a good thing to help keep the pressure off. Time will tell, I'm just happy to have racing back.

1slowhand
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by 1slowhand »

Hope Renault give Alonso some seat time during Fri practice sessions this season. With the limited amount of testing teams are allowed he needs to be given a chance to prepare for next year.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

The Renault engine seems to be OK with what McLaren was showing in Austria. Podiums will be a reachable target next year.

Ocon needs to sharpen his skill this season. He is a bit too slow at the moment. He needs to be on-par with Riccardo if he doesn't want to be trashed by Alonso next year.
C K
Canada

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

I am not a Vettel fan but I think it is partially in his head. I think he needs a sports psychologist to help him reach his potential. Maybe a return to RB would help. I am not sure how that would work out but it would be interesting.

I am an Alonso fan and I think the time away has made him realize he misses F1. Although the Renault might not be able to fight for the championship next year I hope it can race close to the front.

tehSAC
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tehSAC »

Alex_Kung wrote:I am not a Vettel fan but I think it is partially in his head. I think he needs a sports psychologist to help him reach his potential. Maybe a return to RB would help. I am not sure how that would work out but it would be interesting.

I am an Alonso fan and I think the time away has made him realize he misses F1. Although the Renault might not be able to fight for the championship next year I hope it can race close to the front.

I too am not a Vettel fan, but I think he has hit a slump and has checked out. Also in FP1 practice Horner has said that there is no option to bring Seb back next year. I honestly think Seb will sit out a year, or retire in full.

I too am an Alonso fan, have been since the Minardi days. I think he will help Renault get back to the top in time. Next year will be trying, but I have a feeling Renault will be much better in 2022.