Topic author
JM
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Germany

RIP Ricardo Divila

Post by JM »

Ricardo Divila also known as Richard Divila has passed away on 25 April in Magny Cours aged 74.
He was instrumental to the Copersucar Fittipaldi team designing their first cars, the FD01 - FD04 (the D standing for Divila). Even after other designers arrived at Fittipaldi he stayed with the team in several engineering roles until the team folded in 1982, even designing the last ever Fittipaldi, the F9.
After the Fittipaldi days he worked in several capacities in almost every circuit racing category such as F1, F3, F3000, Indycar, DTM, sports cars, GT etc. Lately he was busy restoring old Copersucar/Fittipaldi cars.
Having recently developed a strong interest in Copersucar and Fittipaldi kits I came across some interwievs with him while searching for reference material and general information about the team. So I got to know a bit more about him, learning about his versatile career in motor sport.

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: RIP Ricardo Divila

Post by Jeff »

sad news, from what I've read he was a really nice guy too.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: RIP Ricardo Divila

Post by JamesB »

Saw the thread yesterday night with the mobile and could not log to comment.
Sad news, Jens. :(
Yes He was one of those outstanding engineers in terms of ¨make it different and his ideas probably did have great influence in other designers that would have great careers afterwards.
And one who caught our attention, as young engineer projects ourselves... I remember watching with interest Piola´s drawings about the F9 on GPI issue
So I post it here as a tribute...