Jeep
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Jean-Pierre Bastien
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
Canada

SF1000

Post by Jeep »

I expected something much more different from last year's car.

Jeep

The Walter Wolf WR-1 Home Page
http://WolfWR1.free.fr

The Ferrari 312T4 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/10f3Vtj

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

Gilles Villeneuve's McLaren M23 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1VZFAkJ

Gilles Villeneuve's Ferrari 312T3 Modeller's Guide
https://bit.ly/2l5z6Ia

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Re: SF1000

Post by BMW »

I dont know, I think this year is going to be a "transition year" for all the teams to focus on 2021.
Besides, its the strategy department that needed the biggest improvement in Ferrari ;)
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

zzzz.....Huh? :| ah! eeer... ep! sorry, taht's true, yeah!nah, eh, the new car presentations! it started today, yaaawn..... :roll:
:lol: :lol:
apologies for the joke!
Yes boring, and the car looks sooo much the same....
Interesting the politically correct numbering: 16 at the side, 5 on the front. Clever!
Note that theya re back to the numbers used between 1981 and and 1996. I like it.
Though with numbers other than 27 and 28 it's not the same

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Car launches don't mean much these days. These front and rear wings won't be on the car for testing or Australia, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bargeboards change. There's no use in showing your hand a week before you need to. All this tells us is that the general concept (outwash front aero and deep undercut sidepods) is the same, as you would expect with new regs coming.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

It's different enough to be very difficult to modify a Tamiya's SF70H to make it look reasonably accurate to this car. And people say there'a a chance that a new nose will come by the second test session, so soon it will look a bit more different.

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

Did they airbrush out some detail in the black portions along the bottom of the car? It looks darker than a straight up photo. I am of a mind that if you painted all of the 2020 cars black they won’t be distinguishable anyway to myself and most others. The more detail obsessed among us will know but except Mercedes with the round spot on the nose for the emblem, I don’t think I would know one car from another. Please understand I don’t have a problem with the cars looking somewhat alike. As long as the racing is entertaining and my bar for F-1 is not as high as some. For me I love F-1 as my auto racing fix for convenience, two hour races, mostly on Sunday mornings in America and I hope we have commercial free again this year. It is much easier to get in the groove of the race if is non stop.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

The car looks more like an evolution instead of revolution and as mentioned, this is not the final look coming to race, every team did so since years.
One thing i don`t like is the Mission winning now badge on it. Ferrari puts on pressure on themself with this and to me it`s bit stupid to do so. They only can blame themself again when not winning the championship, don`t know if this a marketing strategy, but if so, they should be prepaired to be ripped off by italian press again. They should be more focused in their work then spreading predictions!
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

MISSIONWINNOW is rather weird M@r!b*r* branding that doesn't say M@r!b*r*.
I guess it makes sense for marketing people...

alesi27
F2
F2
Your Name: Roy
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles and Jean. The number 27 Ferrari...
Ireland

Post by alesi27 »

Agreed on liking the number font, and not being 27/28, but it's missing the big AGIP and FIAT stickers.
And it's not glossy... Why the matt finish, surely a smooth surface would be (admittedly only a fraction, but every fraction counts..) quicker?

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

alesi27 wrote: And it's not glossy... Why the matt finish, surely a smooth surface would be (admittedly only a fraction, but every fraction counts..) quicker?
No, wrong thinking cause a structured surface has less turbulence in airflow like a smooth surface. Remember a Golf ball with it`s dimpels, it will fly not so far if it would be smooth, the turbulences will keep it from going far, could not find the right words actually, so here a grafic showing the physically effect of structured surfaces.

Same to a shark skin, it is realy rough, not smooth, allows the shark to be faster with less energy amount to put in. Don`t know if the teams use it cause of this physically law, but i think so cause every micro seconds counts.
Take a stand!