F1 News and Info

Topic author
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

1/12 MFH drag racing parts...kinda

Post by jmpsebring »

3D Model Specialties by Ron Olsen. :mrgreen:

I feel the need to pass this on. In a few weeks, This store and others in Shapeways will change. Not for the good either. With all our wishes for 1/12th MFH models, many are not aware of this store. Ron is a large scale modeler and happens to know 3D software well. He has over 300 1/12 parts for sale. He has sold over 10 thousand parts just this year. :shock: Printed by Shapeways at hi-res, they are not cheap. But in our world, buying MFH kits are even more expensive. Most importantly is how accurate the parts are. Liberty air shifting transmissions, Ls3, Kasse Boss Fords, Rotarys, etc, engines with a half dozen intakes, Nelson Turbo systems, rear axles, wheels...everything even one piece 1/12 promod chassis. Some of these parts (like MFH) are the best versions of these parts ever offered in any scale. I've bought many parts at hi-res and I can easily put them in the same class and quality as a MFH part.

Many of us build more than just F1 cars...even cars. If you think building a MFH altered , etc is something you would like to do even once, then google his shop and look around. But hurry, all the prices are going to increase to the point where small parts are going away as Shapeway changes it's policy.