M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Comcast Bids on Sky.... and....

Post by M.Chriss »

f1m wrote:Well.... I'm a fan of Steve Matchett... soo... been listening to his books on Audible... and I'm not a big fan of the Sky coverage. Just too many people...

e
Gooch wrote:
turboF1 wrote:I guess if you have Comcast you’d have F1 coverage. And if it goes back to NBC for network coverage does this mean Hobbs and friends are back?!
Hope not don't miss them one bit.
I would really like to have Leigh/David/Steve back. The Sky guys are OK, The play by play guy yells way too much.

Comcast has world class awful customer service. In the US they have the worst CS according to media polls. I have had an issue with internet for 1-1/2 years which I have spent many hours and phone calls explaining over and over, eventually I gave up excepted they will never make it right. If Comcast makes it so their TV service is the only way to get F1, I will be upset. They have done this with other sports here. I have DirecTV which is wonderful.

Does it seem like F1 tries to screw up the product, and only cater to the wealthy?
Michael Chriss

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

They're not taking away F1, don't worry.

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

VintageRPM wrote:
M.Chriss wrote: Comcast has world class awful customer service. In the US they have the worst CS according to media polls. I have had an issue with internet for 1-1/2 years which I have spent many hours and phone calls explaining over and over, eventually I gave up excepted they will never make it right. If Comcast makes it so their TV service is the only way to get F1, I will be upset. They have done this with other sports here. I have DirecTV which is wonderful.
It seems to depend on where you live as to how good or bad Comcast is. When they took over the Houston, Texas, area (a decade ago?) they were just awful. But the company they bought out was, too. We were on Dish until they're service starting sucking. Switched to Comcast about 3 years ago and it has beeen great. (Surprised the hell out of me.) So, maybe there is hope.
I have internet with them. It's fast and relatively inexpensive. But I have a technical issue which affects my working from home and there is no escalation path. I gave up. I had TV with them for a short time and I was so glad to go back to DirecTV. Most of their premium channels are not HD. Took me several hours to figure that out, and their customer service didn't know that was the case.

We are OK for now with F1 on ESPN but that could change. In this area The Trailblazers and Pack12 football are only available through Comcast. I hope this doesn't happen with F1. If F1 and Indycar were a pay service I would do that and cancel the other stuff which I don't watch.
Michael Chriss