Kimi and Chuck Swap

Post by f1m »

Kimi Raikkonen and Charles Leclerc will be swapping seats in 2019...Read

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Kimi and Chuck Swap

Post by jaydar »

Ferrari let the wrong guy go. In my opinion, Seb is a head case. He would rather crash out than be passed and tactfully wait for the race to come to him. He threw away a championship last year and may do so again. Now Ferrari will have him and a second year rookie. The next person to be hired by Ferrari will be a therapist.

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

jaydar wrote:Ferrari let the wrong guy go. In my opinion, Seb is a head case. He would rather crash out than be passed and tactfully wait for the race to come to him. He threw away a championship last year and may do so again. Now Ferrari will have him and a second year rookie. The next person to be hired by Ferrari will be a therapist.
Can"t disagree with that. Is it 4 races Vettel has thown away

albrecae
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Adrian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Great Britain

Post by albrecae »

billgtp wrote:
jaydar wrote:Ferrari let the wrong guy go. In my opinion, Seb is a head case. He would rather crash out than be passed and tactfully wait for the race to come to him. He threw away a championship last year and may do so again. Now Ferrari will have him and a second year rookie. The next person to be hired by Ferrari will be a therapist.
Can"t disagree with that. Is it 4 races Vettel has thown away
Partly agree, clearly Kimi's only motivation now is his retirement fund so he had to go.

jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Post by jorgeralvear »

Disagree with the retirement fund comment, Kimi is a safe pair of hands that doesn't bin the car when he is about to get passed. How many podiums this year? And he would have had more if not for Ferrari mistakes in the pit and poor strategy calls. Watch Kimi get a podium or two next year.......come on Hiro or Tameo, make a kit of next year's Sauber!

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

Really interesting news. Sauber is on the up and may challenge on the second tier basis next year. Also the most anticipating news for Ferrari will be Charles himself. The pressure is not only for him to be good right away but to battle right up at the front. Also with Vettel to push that extra bit now that Kimi is officially done with letting him by all those times.

It could go either way because there will be so many possibilities. My money would be for Charles to shine. Winning a few races but also being able to overcome challenges such as starting from the back (with mechanical difficulties).
Canice

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

Kimi's career has gone full circle, assuming he'll retire with Sauber. Sauber seem to have turned things around this year so hopefully they'll keep improving.

https://www.instagram.com/reality_scaled

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Typical Ferrari move to put some pressure on their number 1 driver.
Not sure if this will help or hurt Seb’s results but this makes for an interesting season.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I think that's some revisionist history regarding 2017. Vettel had one crash in 2017 in Singapore which led to a retirement, and his other failure was related to a spark plug failure. He had 13 top 3 finishes which is the same as Hamilton, and even without the one crash would have still been 21 points down on Hamilton.

What Ferrari needs is to work on their race strategy so the drivers aren't questioning them. Red Bull is the only top team to seem to have a good handle on this, and is part of the reason Vettel won his 4 championships.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

As Kimi fan, the only positive I see, is that Kimi now can ignore team orders and finally win a race. I don't think
he will be able to do it in next 2 years. So, remaining races of 2018 are his only chances, imho.