F1 TV is a go!

F1 News and Info

If you are going to purchase an F1 TV package, which will you buy?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm

F1 TV Pro $11.99 Per Month or $89.99 Per Year
38%
F1 TV Access $2.99 Per month or $24.29 Per year
38%
I'm stuck in the UK (or other) and can not purchase F1 TV Pro
23%

Total votes: 13

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: F1 TV is a go!

Post by stubeck »

scaleautofactory wrote:Muha, now the next issue occur:
You've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams on your account.
To watch F1 TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices

I have definitve only one device active...

Response from f1tv:
Hi there, The F1 TV wheels are out on the track for the Spanish GP. We’re aware that some customers are experiencing some teething problems from signing up to buffering. Our mechanics are in the pit looking under the hood to fix these as soon as possible. For now, we have put together some of the more frequent queries we are seeing and ask for your patience while we resolve. Please check out https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/feat ... wered.html and our main FAQ’s https://f1tv.formula1.com/en/faq for immediate help. Team F1
Did you stick around to get an answer from them? That wasn't their response but a quick note to help those who have "basic" problems to look at first. I had a very helpful person help me with a few questions. It did take a while to get them obviously.
scaleautofactory wrote:[
Streaming after works fine - nice yoke... live is live and not black screen or buffering...
They are not able to handle such a amount of users with the current architecture provided by tata. We have also much trouble in our company with our offices in india driven by tata communications....
I guess I'm confused. Are you having issues with the replay as well? That was what I was commenting on.

UPDATE:

This is from FOM, looks like those who have had issues will be getting a partial refund:

"Following the launch of F1 TV this weekend, we’re sorry to say that we have experienced a few technical difficulties with F1 TV’s live broadcast this afternoon.
We’re aware that this has impacted customers with an F1 TV Pro subscription and while we are working hard to fix these issues, we wanted to let those impacted subscribers know that we will contact them by email shortly to address this with a partial refund.

Please note that these issues only affected customers during live playback and all sessions from this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix are now available to enjoy on-demand including all on-board cameras and full team radio. Full replays are available to F1 TV Pro customers, or F1 TV Access customers in selected territories."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/feat ... wered.html

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

keithwwalker wrote:Also be aware that once you sign up, F1 has it so it auto charges at the end of your subscription.
You have to notify them to cancel - we'll see how that works...
That is typical with most streaming services.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

Starr
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by Starr »

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I'll try to watch a replay later. I hope they will fix all issues before next race.

Cheers,

Starr
Classic Plastic Model Club - Lowell, MA

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

I did not pay to see replayes of the session, i did pay for live coverage...
Replay works fine, this is not a big deal.
What i do not understand is, why the word leading racing series is not able to provide a working live stream like other series can do.
Looks like we are paying alpha tester and my bet is, next race same issues...

Cheers

stubeck wrote:
scaleautofactory wrote:Muha, now the next issue occur:
You've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams on your account.
To watch F1 TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices

I have definitve only one device active...

Response from f1tv:
Hi there, The F1 TV wheels are out on the track for the Spanish GP. We’re aware that some customers are experiencing some teething problems from signing up to buffering. Our mechanics are in the pit looking under the hood to fix these as soon as possible. For now, we have put together some of the more frequent queries we are seeing and ask for your patience while we resolve. Please check out https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/feat ... wered.html and our main FAQ’s https://f1tv.formula1.com/en/faq for immediate help. Team F1
Did you stick around to get an answer from them? That wasn't their response but a quick note to help those who have "basic" problems to look at first. I had a very helpful person help me with a few questions. It did take a while to get them obviously.
scaleautofactory wrote:[
Streaming after works fine - nice yoke... live is live and not black screen or buffering...
They are not able to handle such a amount of users with the current architecture provided by tata. We have also much trouble in our company with our offices in india driven by tata communications....
I guess I'm confused. Are you having issues with the replay as well? That was what I was commenting on.

UPDATE:

This is from FOM, looks like those who have had issues will be getting a partial refund:

"Following the launch of F1 TV this weekend, we’re sorry to say that we have experienced a few technical difficulties with F1 TV’s live broadcast this afternoon.
We’re aware that this has impacted customers with an F1 TV Pro subscription and while we are working hard to fix these issues, we wanted to let those impacted subscribers know that we will contact them by email shortly to address this with a partial refund.

Please note that these issues only affected customers during live playback and all sessions from this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix are now available to enjoy on-demand including all on-board cameras and full team radio. Full replays are available to F1 TV Pro customers, or F1 TV Access customers in selected territories."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/feat ... wered.html

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

This is how all streaming services start out. And technically you didn't pay for anything yet as they're giving refunds equal to 2 weeks of services.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

stubeck wrote:This is how all streaming services start out. And technically you didn't pay for anything yet as they're giving refunds equal to 2 weeks of services.
No, no refund yet... it is announced...
And the have announced the refund after massive problem messages from the customers...
And for the race they disabled the live coverage and there is currently no replay for the race available...
They have beta tested the service in 3 races and for the spain gp the offered the service with great announcements...
LeMans, DTM and the 24h today on Nürburgring was covered by live stream without issues...

Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Mr.Grumpy »

stubeck wrote:
SBEST wrote:Is there an app that allows access from Smart TV?
There will be one in the future. They basically had to rush to get this completed by this point in the season, so thats why its web only at the moment. If you're not one who like beta testing something, I'd wait until next race to still get the promo pricing.
yes, they are rushing because they didn’t realise this internet fad would last.

Topic author
keithwwalker
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by keithwwalker »

I don't think my feed is HD, even though I can get Netflix in HD. The F1 stream 'auto adjusts' the resolution. Not crazy about that. Would pay $5 a month for a true 1080 HD stream.