Haas F1 2018 reveal

F1 News and Info

F1RacerFan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Haas F1 2018 reveal

Post by F1RacerFan »

The thing that struck me was the lack of sponsorship logos. How can they afford to go racing without sponsorships? My opinion of the look of the car is that it's nice and clean and the halo isn't offensive. It will be more so with a helmet inside of it. I hope they do well. I like Romain G- not Magnussen so much- but I do like Romain- now that he's not smashing into someone at every race. I'm looking forward to the start of the season- and I keep hoping that someone- anyone-challenges Mercedes and Lewis. I'm tired of that dominance and it takes something away from watching- when it's inevitable who will win.
Just my .02
Michael

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

jaydar wrote:Generally, I follow the rule that life is too short to be overly negative, but for "professional' photography this is the worst I have ever seen. Unless Haas, specified a short lens from too far a distance this person must have thought he was shooting landscapes. There is just no detail in the photos. I think it is the overly dark background.
1. They're not 'photos'.
2. They don't want you to see details.
Je ne regrette rien.

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

Thanks Mofo. "Photos" that probably dates me, eh? You are correct they are not photos.
They certainly were successful at not showing details, just frustrating because you expected they wanted to show something and did not.

Joe.

Deegee13
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: David Gillyon
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
Great Britain

Post by Deegee13 »

For me, F1 cars just get worse and worse looking as the years progress! The halo looks dreadful! Don't get me wrong, safety is paramount but it's not as if we were getting deaths every season from head injuries was it?

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Deegee13 wrote:For me, F1 cars just get worse and worse looking as the years progress!

Yes. If only we could return to the glory days of the March 721, Eifelland Colani, Ensign N179 and ATS HS1. Because those were some gorgeous cars. :roll:

Je ne regrette rien.

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by petrov27 »

hey now - the March 711 was gorgeous - work of art in Ronnie's hands....

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

F1RacerFan wrote:The thing that struck me was the lack of sponsorship logos. How can they afford to go racing without sponsorships? My opinion of the look of the car is that it's nice and clean and the halo isn't offensive. It will be more so with a helmet inside of it. I hope they do well. I like Romain G- not Magnussen so much- but I do like Romain- now that he's not smashing into someone at every race. I'm looking forward to the start of the season- and I keep hoping that someone- anyone-challenges Mercedes and Lewis. I'm tired of that dominance and it takes something away from watching- when it's inevitable who will win.
Just my .02
Michael
The team is doing this to sell more Haas machines. Much like Red Bull, they don’t need sponsors because of the money the advertising with the team brings in.