The Scale Model Podcast – EP 103 – Back to the Future
FineScale Modeler unboxes the Airfix Sabres, Takom tanks, Italeri Lightning II, and more
OC JAPAN FAIR 2022 October 21-23
OC JAPAN FAIR 2022 October 21-23
Live in Southern California!? Grab your friends and celebrate one of the largest Japanese cultural festivals in Southern California, taking place Friday-Sunday, October 21-23 at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the experience of shopping, tasting, and learning about Japanese culture. There will also be live performances, games, Kimono models and more!! Furthermore, if you are into hobbies, Brookhurst Hobbies will have their booth with various hobby products from world-famous Japanese modeling companies, including TAMIYA! For more information about the event visit here: OC Japan Fair 2022
OTB 149: Interview with Chris Meddings
The boys are joined by Chris Meddings for an interesting chat on his work with supporting Ukraine model production companies via his new podcast as well as the new book.
The Falcon returns with his mix of news and comments and of course we have the mailbag.
So tune in, sit back and chill out!
Scale Model Basics: Casting Resin Parts
The Scale Model Podcast – EP 102 – Round 2
FineScale Modeler unboxes the Trumpeter Lightning, Tamiya Nissan Z, ICM Unimog, and more
New Images of the Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II model kit!
The Tamiya 1/48 scale Lockheed Martin F-35 A Lightning II model kit was officially unveiled, just a short week ago! Today, we present more images of this exciting upcoming release. These images show the model assembled but unpainted. Instead, we’ve used our Black Panel Line Accent Color on the assembled model to show you the fine intricacies and high-level detail you can expect from the kit!
The F-35 A Lightning II model kit is scheduled to be released in time for the holiday season with a MSRP of $98.00
61124 Tamiya Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II
OTB 148: Lincoln Wright MK 44
Julian is back this episode and joins Dave and Ian in a great interview with the amazing Lincoln Wright as we discuss his new book MK 44. (At the 55min mark)
A huge mailbag and exciting news from the Falcon.....all that and more!
Scale Model Basics: Making RTV molds
Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II
A Singular Concept!
The most technologically advanced modern fighter on the planet is finally available in our legendary 1/48 Aircraft Series. Thanks to extensive research, the A variant of the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II comes to modelers workbenches. The F-35 - variant A for the Air Force, B for the Marines and C for the Navy –developed under the Joint Strike Fighter Program (JSF) and is-seen as one of the fifth-generation fighters. These aircraft possess highly advanced stealth characteristics and network connectivity, plus superior situational awareness provided by numerous integrated sensors. The F-35 Lightning II was-first-delivered in 2015, and deployment of over 3,000 F-35s is-planned around the world. Inheriting the Lightning appellation from the famed P-38, the F-35 will lead worldwide air arms for years to come.
- 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Wingspan: 222mm, fuselage length: 326mm.
- Realistically depicted Radar absorbent material (RAM) sections.
- This kit can be-assembled with one choice of the three ordnance patterns – stealth mode, air-to-air mode, and beast mode. Ordnance parts can be-attached under wing.
- Features realistic renderings of the following sections:
- Weapons bay inside details including depictions of wiring
- Engine nozzle, cockpit, and landing gear bays
- Martin-Baker US16E ejection seat (multiple-piece design)
- Ladder which extends from nose left side
- Nose undersurface side details
- Y- shaped air intakes
- Engine nozzle (5-piece design)
- RCS (radar cross section) enhancers affixed to top and bottom sections (two for each, four in total) during basic training exercises
- Boxes stored in nose landing gear bay
- Choose from open or closed weapons bay covers and canopy (the latter is interchangeable), up or down flaps, and extended or retracted boarding ladder.
- Includes a realistically recreated seated pilot figure with Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD) and various kinds of ordnance: AIM-9X Sidewinder x2, AIM-120C AMRAAM x2, GBU-12 Paveway II x4, and GBU-31 JDAM x2.
- Transparent parts capture sensor windows.
- Comes with nine marking options - U.S. Air Force, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, Royal Norwegian Air Force, Royal Danish Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Israeli Air Force, Italian Air Force, Republic of Korea Air Force, and Royal Netherlands Air Force. (Also, drag chute fairing component is-included only for the Royal Norwegian Air Force.)
- Includes canopy masking stickers and a full-color painting guide.
AVAIALBLE: HOLIDAYS 2022!
New Product Announcement
Today at 6:30pm PST, we will be making a brand-new product announcement. Follow us on our social media channels for up to the minute details! @Tamiyausa
Scale Model Podcast – EP 101 – Back Again
FineScale Modeler unboxes the Takom Mammut, Italeri Barchino, Azur Fromm SPAD, and more
All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2022
The 60th All Japan Model Show, after a two-year hiatus, is coming back!
From September 30-October 2, the event will be taking place at Tokyo Big Sight South Exhibition Halls 1 and 2.
So, what All-New items will TAMIYA announce? We cannot tell you quite yet! However, we can say two of the subjects are completely new with brand new tooling!
Furthermore, one of the announced items will be on display at the upcoming Orange County IPMS Orange Con model contest in Southern, California, taking place on October 2, which Tamiya America will be a part of. We will have this exciting new product on display for all local attendees to peek at.
Stay tuned! We are 9 days away from something cool!
OTB 147: Shelf Queens
Just Ian and Dave this episode as poor Julian is away sick....we wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.
The Falcon reports in with news for the hobby regarding new kits. The mail bag is bursting at the seams....so we have a look at what you guys have been keen to share with us.
Lastly Ian and Dave have a chat about shelf queens......Dave thinks that they are a sign of a good modeller.
Scale Model Basics: Dot filters
FineScale Modeler unboxes the Tamiya Comet, Eduard Wildcat, HobbyBoss Coyote, and more
OTB 145: U.S. IPMS President David Lockhart
We will be talking about all aspects of our hobby, bringing you news of upcoming releases and having chats about building and painting kits as well as bringing you special guests.
This episode we are joined by the President of IPMS U.S.A David Lockhart.