For all F1 scale model news...

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Re: Fujimi's McLaren MP4/2 kit cancelled

Post by Terry »

daveyman wrote:There should be an independent and confidential governing body of modelling, maybe called FIM, and when a manufacturer starts to think about modelling a subject they register their intent and are then told if they are treading on anyones toes.
Sounds good in theory, but Chinese manufacturers actually like to tread on competitors toes, go out of their way imo to double up releases. I've always wondered why the might that is Trumpeter have not dipped their toe into the F1 models in any scale? The day they do will surely get the immediate attention of everyone else. Saying that I suspect if Trumpy were to release an F1 car in would be in 1/8 scale and like all their big kit releases fill storage cupboards all over the world with unmade kits much like their big armour and aircraft ranges. :lol:

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Post by gilles.r »

Hi ,

Fujimi has ceased to release 1/20 F1 kit .
No new kit since many monthes , it is now logical that the MP4/2 kit is cancelled

By my side , I disagree with anyone beeing happy of this . :evil: , even there could be a twin release

We can now consider that Ebbro is alone to release 1/20 F1 plastic kits
And we have to hope that Aoshima will join very soon as THC says

Bye
Gilles

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I really hope Fujimi is just takinga break... If not, it's BIG bad news

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

JamesB wrote:I really hope Fujimi is just taking a break... If not, it's BIG bad news
Given their huge number of releases over the last few years, they probably need a break.

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

I'm glad HLJ doesn't take your money up front.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Terry wrote: I've always wondered why the might that is Trumpeter have not dipped their toe into the F1 models in any scale?
They've done precious few cars, period. It's what, four releases? The 60's US car which escapes me at the moment, the Chinese limo, the Firetruck and the GT40? And they all seemed to be pretty highly anticipated, massively disappointing when they were released, and just generally flopped.

I guess Trumpeter figure their money is better spent investing in military stuff.

Actually, it's an interesting point: there are a TON of new, small model companies out of Asia (the good, like Meng and GWH, and the bad, like Kittyhawk), all doing aircraft, armour and ships. Heck, there were three new companies to release the same weird what-if WWII German tank within a month of each other. But nobody doing cars. I wonder why? Has the diecast crash scared everyone from the subject? Is licensing too much of an issue?
Je ne regrette rien.

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

... and Meng are doing some interesting if not very odd subjects. The 1/35 armoured bulldozer I can understand, but the Alkett VsKfz 617 Minenräumer is bizarre beyond belief, not because it existed, but because they think they can sell models of them. Who is buying this stuff? Meng certainly make lovely models and if they ever ventured to F1 they'd be a force to be reckoned with I expect. Given that armour and aircraft model releases are heavily over subscribed (even if they are way more popular than car modelling) the absence of significant cars as models is odd. It's almost like the model companies have an overwhelming fear of success, and would rather die trying prove the nonsensical. :lol:

Wash your mouth out for saying diecast. They're the devil's spawn. :wink:

hirofkd
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by hirofkd »

I wrote to Fujimi last week about the status of the MP4/2 kit, hoping that I wouldn't hear this. Oh, well, I hope they spend money on another interesting subject. I was looking forward to a comparison build between Fujimi and Beemax, but at least, Beemax hasn't dropped out, yet.

If Revell Germany's "share your dreams" survey is any indication, general interest in F1 models seems so weak that it's almost negligible. F1 modelers could be a statistical margin of error...(sigh...)

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

hirofkd wrote: If Revell Germany's "share your dreams" survey is any indication, general interest in F1 models seems so weak that it's almost negligible. F1 modelers could be a statistical margin of error...(sigh...)
That "share your dreams" customer survey might also prove that little or no F1 modellers even look at the Revell site. I'd be one of them!

gtziaf
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: George
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari - Gilles Villeneuve
Greece

Post by gtziaf »

Terry wrote:
hirofkd wrote: If Revell Germany's "share your dreams" survey is any indication, general interest in F1 models seems so weak that it's almost negligible. F1 modelers could be a statistical margin of error...(sigh...)
That "share your dreams" customer survey might also prove that little or no F1 modellers even look at the Revell site. I'd be one of them!
here is my try to add an F1 model in Revell's survey...
http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/1412/

Hope fujimi found some time and money to make the gorgeous 156/85. Otherwise is generally bad news...