f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Congratulations to Red Bull

Post by f1m »

Congratulations to Red Bull Racing and Sebastian Vettel for their third consecutive Formula One Constructors' and Drivers' Championships.Read

Robban
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: Congratulations to Red Bull

Post by Robban »

A well deserved title for Vettel, superb driving in Brazil and Abu Dhabi! And Kimi takes third place in drivers championship after 2 years away from the sport.. LIKE A BOSS!

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Robban wrote:A well deserved title for Vettel, superb driving in Brazil and Abu Dhabi! And Kimi takes third place in drivers championship after 2 years away from the sport.. LIKE A BOSS!
Definitely better than what Mr. Schumacher managed in his return.

I am no Vettel fan, but he drove like a man possessed with a broken leg. I was happy to see a Button win. Button is a class guy.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

CompositeGuru
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by CompositeGuru »

Cheers 8) 8) 8) 8)

Party time this Saturday. Its going to be a blast!!!

seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

I read this morning that Ferrari (and not Alonso!) are considering an appeal due to the incident where during a Yellow flag section Vettel overtook Perez (I think) - sadly it is pretty clear on the replays on Sky TV - as us UK viewers saw yesterday, I really hope they don't though as it would end up tarnishing what was an unbelievable spectacle yesterday. Even the commentary team yesterday highlighted Vettel's little boo-boo and stated how shocked they were that nothing was mentioned at the time... it would be hard to dispute it to be honest as it is as clear day on the replays.

Myself, I'm happy to see Vettel clinch another crown and fully congratulate him and the team, although I do feel Alonso completely outdrove the Ferrari this year and would have been just as happy to have seen him take the title too... simply cannot wait for next year, fingers crossed we will see a second crown for JB.

PS... did anyone see the last in the season's McLaren Toons commercial break... it was absolutely hilarious!

JM
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Germany

Post by JM »

Congratulations!
Seb deserved it not least for the way he dealt with all the setbacks in Brazil. I just admired his attitude after the first lap crash. No moaning, no shouting, just pragmatic communication about his car's state and as soon as he got the ok from the pits he let go. With a car that according to Adrian Newey was totally out of balance beause of the crash damage at the rear. No ranting and arm waving either when his last tire change took ages caused by the broken car to pit radio communication. He just went on doing his job, driving a brilliant race. He's definitly a worthy triple champion. And over the course of the whole season he did not constantly have the best car. But even if things did not go well he extracted the maximum out of the given situation. And he kept it on the road. Not since the infamous Turkey incident 2010 has he got a DNF due to going off or having an accident or collision. That's more than 50 race.
I admit I like the guy. Apart from being a great driver he is a down to earth person, very determined but still witty and funny. Much better than to twitter Samurai pieces of wisdom and pictures with a gun to distinguish himself :D.

high510
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by high510 »

Love anyone who is a excited to drive as Vettle is, but I have to say he is the luckiest dude alive... 2 races in the last 6 or so that someone takes Alonso out of the top 6 early and then yesterday Vettel gets hit, loops it 180 degrees, pointing the wrong way on a busy track and NOTHING BREAKS.... And he is champion by 3 points.... Wow

Ferrari is going to petition that the championship not ever be decided in Rio again ( :) ) not since Massa loses the championship on the last corner and Alonso has to come so close himself.

All in all, hats off the the Red Bull guys and Sebastien...

Tormentor
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Tormentor »

Fuel*Buzzed wrote:
Robban wrote:
Be fair - he only had a merc.

Congrats to Seb and RedBull!

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

seamus wrote:I read this morning that Ferrari (and not Alonso!) are considering an appeal due to the incident where during a Yellow flag section Vettel overtook Perez (I think) - sadly it is pretty clear on the replays on Sky TV - as us UK viewers saw yesterday, I really hope they don't though as it would end up tarnishing what was an unbelievable spectacle yesterday. Even the commentary team yesterday highlighted Vettel's little boo-boo and stated how shocked they were that nothing was mentioned at the time... it would be hard to dispute it to be honest as it is as clear day on the replays.

Myself, I'm happy to see Vettel clinch another crown and fully congratulate him and the team, although I do feel Alonso completely outdrove the Ferrari this year and would have been just as happy to have seen him take the title too... simply cannot wait for next year, fingers crossed we will see a second crown for JB.

PS... did anyone see the last in the season's McLaren Toons commercial break... it was absolutely hilarious!

They explained it in picture on speeds broadcast that the yellow was not a yellow sector light but something that indicated the state of the track conditions. Seems like a silly light to have on the track. The drivers clearly know its slippery.
Ferrari would be best served to save face and let it go. Get them next year.

Nice job from all involved in an amazing season. I miss it already.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Fuel*Buzzed wrote:
Robban wrote:A well deserved title for Vettel, superb driving in Brazil and Abu Dhabi! And Kimi takes third place in drivers championship after 2 years away from the sport.. LIKE A BOSS!

I am no Vettel fan, but he drove like a man possessed with a broken leg. I was happy to see a Button win. Button is a class guy.
+1

Alex.