Matra MS 11. 1:12

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Matra MS 11. 1:12

Post by Maysula »

Hi
On my bench is the Tamiya Matra MS11, I´m trying to do the car that has two pictures in the manual of the kit.
It´s the car that was used under practice for the German GP 1968.
Strangely that version can´t be built from the box! The main difference is the small rear wing just above the oilcooler.
The wing will be scratched also the oilcooler position wich is in the wrong place according to the manual.

The front bulkhead is very simplified by Tamiya, I took the brakecylinders from my scrapbox, fixed some wireing and brackets , also I made a simple cover for the pinion. This area is nearly invisible when the front is finished.
The dash has got wires made by thin leadwires, connectors, switchers and some etched parts are also added.
The decals is from the box.
Thomas

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Re: Matra MS 11. 1:12

Post by SanMarino »

Looking good. I really like the work you did in detailing the wiring. Looking forward to more updates.

Villeneuve
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Villeneuve »

yes this is looking very good. please keep us in the loop.
YNWA,
Markus

Gilles and Ferrari will always be synonymous. The others just drive for Ferrari but Gilles IS Ferrari

The Ferrari 126C2 Spotter's Guide
http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Great start Thomas, the blue looks spot on what did you use??? :D :D :D
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

Tiffoc wrote:Great start Thomas, the blue looks spot on what did you use??? :D :D :D
Thanks ! It´s Tamiya TS-10 French blue spraycan, and Tamiya clear too. The clear was a little aggresive to the decals.
Some of the decals looks like a sandpaper when you look closely. Maybe the combination with microsol made it, but I´m not sure.
Thomas

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Maysula wrote:Thanks ! It´s Tamiya TS-10 French blue spraycan, and Tamiya clear too. The clear was a little aggresive to the decals.
Some of the decals looks like a sandpaper when you look closely. Maybe the combination with microsol made it, but I´m not sure.
Thomas
Yeah!!! Tamiya Clear can have that reaction, the knack is to spray it in very light mists, leaving it to cure for 15-20 minutes between mists. the lighter the first mist the better... How many mists is ascertained by what your happy with. Good luck :D
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

Hi
Now is the frontsuspension ready,and after that I´ve done some work around the cockpit.
The rollbar was wrapped with some kind of insulating tape, I used a very narrow masking tape and painted it black.
I´m also trying to do a back to the seat, it wasn´t used in every race, when the driver is in place not much will be seen.
I have put rivets around the cowling, I used a 0,3 mm drill for the holes and 0,7-0,8 mm big rivets, they are secured with floor polish
and in some places superglue.

Thomas

drledford93
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by drledford93 »

Having done this project not too long ago, great job!

I like your idea of using small screws (Top Studio Moto GP items?) to secure the windscreen. Had I to do it over again, I'd do that for sure.

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

This is looking really nice and your attention to detail is great. Looking forward to seeing that V12 now!

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

Hi
A little update from the Matra on the bench. Now Beltoise is in place, I used the belts and hardware from my scrapbox.
I made the back of the seat using some greenstuff and a piece of fabric.
The watertank got new brackets in the corners made of an empty beercan! The weldlines is made by white glue .
I borrowed the fasteners from a Lotus 72 etchsheet to the cowling.
Not so much left to do before I can start with the engine.
The rear mirrors should be of another type on the practice car but I couldn´t solve that so the kits mirrors will do.

And this is the car from the practice of the British GP, not the German as I wrote in the beginning of this thread :roll:

More later
Thomas