Topic author
dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Tamiya 1/12 Enzo Ferrari....Unboxing

Post by dancraft »

My kit arrived about an hour ago..... 3 days from Hobby Link Japan to regional South West, Western Australia...... I thought I'd share my joy of opening the box for the first time...lol

I will post more pictures of the parts unwrapped and full instructions as time permits...... I hope you enjoy these ones for the time being.

The box it was packed in was HUGE.... compare it to the Tamiya 1/24 Enzo box.

UPDATE ..... MORE DETAIL PICS ADDED ...... SEE PAGE 6

Yep.... there does seem to be something down there in the bottom of the box.

And just when you think the box is just about empty...... No... theres still an insert to remove...... revealing yet more pieces.

Then theres also the box containing tyres, seats, tool, screws and other metal parts etc.

Strangely, tamiya gives us two sets of vinyl seat faces, one pair in red and the other in salmon pink!!.... I would have much prefered the second set be molded in hard styrene instead and could be painted any desired colour.

The box details mention 653 parts, not sure if this includes all the screws etc, but either way, there are plenty of parts included.

I have to say after a quick look through the contents and the 91 step, 36 page instruction manual this kit has SURPASSED MY EXPECTATIONS..... EXCELLENT KIT and well worth the price of admission...... HLJ's preorder price atleast...lol

More to come when time permits, let me know if there is anything you would like to see in more detail and I will try to accomodate.

Regards, Dan
Last edited by dancraft on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Enzo Ferrari....Unboxing

Post by daniel »

thanks for posting the pics and info. Normally I'm just into racecars but always wanted to build a superdetailed 1/24 Enzo. Well that idea is no gone because I will increase the scale :-) I bet that kit will look in all CF for example. Looking forward to all the detailsets that will hit the market.

daniel
-germany-

jaws
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: JAWS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Driver Lando Norris/ McLaren
United States of America

Post by jaws »

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to vision a 12th scale Enzo completed with the door open and displayed.
In that scale the detail options are outstanding. For sure the rear dampers will need to be turned parts.
I had no idea this kit was being released....

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Thanks a lot for posting. I'm glad it has exceeded your expectations, because my expectations are huge for this kit.
Could you make quick shots of assembly steps ? For me studying assembly steps is the best way to learn how complex
and good the kit actually is.

hquednau
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by hquednau »

Thanks for the post- The glossy booklet looks nice- it would be great if Tamiya would do that with other car kits. I recently picked up one of the fantastic 1:32 Spitfire kits, which also came with a nice book about the prototype.

H

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Dan, Just wondering how you would compare the 1/24th kit to the 1/12th. I realize the connection points might be different I.E. there are many screws for the suspension of the 1/12th I would imagine. I'm wondering how the parts compare between the two kits. The 1/24th is one of Tamiya's best and I was wondering if the 1/12th is basicly a scaled up version with the parts being virtually the same or if it looks to have details broken out into more parts or not, I.E. less molded in details????

Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by dancraft »

Here are the instructions for those interested.
I was a bit dissapointed recently when HobbySearch went against their usual practice and didn't post scans of these instructions..... at least you can see them here now.

Appologies for the iphone pics but I have uploaded them a bit larger than usual in the hope that they are legible..... PATIENCE might be required while they load.

Regards, Dan

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

A joyous occasion for sure Dan opening this, also add my thanks for taking the time to post.. Its one of those that when I heard about the release I thought "not really interested" so now I wish I hadn't seen your post :roll: , now I'd like one :!:
Although I will never have the time to build it nor most of the 300+ other kits in the ever growing stash !
Dede.

gtziaf
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: George
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari - Gilles Villeneuve
Greece

Post by gtziaf »

Thanks, for the photo... The kit looks excellent...
So, also my banker thanks you :D :D
A, must have model... :!:

f40
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by f40 »

:) I am wondering if this is the same as there built up version just not painted or assembled ?